2 Mbps Speed For Mtnl Broadband Customers

• Thread starter Thread starter seshu
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,068
  • Views Views 123,789
lol imagine being on 2 MBPS and wih data cap of 400 MB 😛 😀 utter p00p

Nope datalimit is also increased by bsnl dont know mtnl!

http://www.rediff.com/money/2006/dec/21bsnl.htm

The company release said that:

* Till now the minimum bandwidth available to broadband customers was 256 Kbps. BSNL has now decided that all the Home and Business Plans will offer data rates up to 2 Mbps, subject to technical feasibility.
* Further, the downloading limits in Home 250 and Business 700 plans have been enhanced to 1 GB and 4 GB from 400 MB and 2 GB, respectively. The limits in other plans have been suitably enhanced. With the increase in downloading limit, a Plan 250 customer will get a benefit of Rs 840 per month for 1 GB limit and Business Plan 700 customer will get a benefit of Rs 2400 per month for limits up to 4GB.
* BSNL has also decided to bring down the per MB downloading rates from 1.40 per MB to Rs.0.90 per MB in Home 250 plan and the rates have also been lowered in other plans.
* BSNL has also decided to reduce the fixed monthly charges from ADSL modems from Rs 100 to Rs 60 per month which would benefit about 800,000 customer of BSNL. The reduction is applicable with effect from December 1, 2006.

This will change the whole broadband if MTNL gives unlimited 2 MBS for 949. What will Airtel and reliance do to counter it? , Cable walas will benefit as they can give more connection from 2MBs than 256 KBS and as most home users dont want to spend more than 500 bucks, they will still opt for local operators.

That article says
He(mr Maran IT misnister) further announced that all the existing broadband customers of MTNL will be automatically upgraded to the speed of upto 2 Mbps from the existing 256 Kbps from 1st January, 2007 at the existing rates[/b]

hmmmm ALL definately includes 949 plan users. 🙂

QUOTE(GSV13 @ Dec 21 2006, 11:07 PM) [snapback]71387[/snapback]
* Further, the downloading limits in Home 250 and Business 700 plans have been enhanced to 1 GB and 4 GB from 400 MB and 2 GB, respectively. The limits in other plans have been suitably enhanced. With the increase in downloading limit, a Plan 250 customer will get a benefit of Rs 840 per month for 1 GB limit and Business Plan 700 customer will get a benefit of Rs 2400 per month for limits up to 4GB.
[/b]
They are bragging about speed increases & reduction in costs but there is no mention of unlimted in that statement at all.

I'm getting a funny feeling about all this.

What does "suitably" mean ?, why use that word at all instead of stating outright.

If they do give you 1Mbs or 2 Mbs speed, you will hit your limit much faster than before..and since they advertise how much "Mb" costs are, they stand to mint much more money.

..but thats just me being a pessimist.

Yo Snake1 yes i purposely typed that .....We made our first conversation on that nick remember "Atleast respect my Name lols 😛 ".You were asking me percenatge of trust i had in MTNL upgrading speed in mumbai to 2MBPS...... well i increase it to 98%BSNL's 2 Mbps broadband @ Rs 250 a month

I'd be ok with a 5gb day d/l limit and NU as usual with 2mbps speed throughout.Tho a fully u/l pack wud be the best 🙂 Atleast 512k..

QUOTE(MtnlPacked @ Dec 23 2006, 06:51 AM) [snapback]71445[/snapback]
Yo Snake1 yes i purposely typed that .....We made our first conversation on that nick remember "Atleast respect my Name lols 😛 ".

You were asking me percenatge of trust i had in MTNL upgrading speed in mumbai to 2MBPS...... well i increase it to 98%

BSNL's 2 Mbps broadband @ Rs 250 a month

WTF 😱 :blink: those suckers cant provide unlimited data cap and now planning to increase speed ? 🤔 thats not gonna happen with MTNL Mumbai

who said wont happen with MTNL mumbai?waise mujhe bhi lagta hain ke nahi hoga. mumbai is always givenless priority when giving service and high priority when taking money🙁

It will happen in mumbai too....Don't worry out guys.........I ain't loosing this bet snake1 lolzzzLet Us C on 1 st Jan

the data caps for bsnl have been increased.... so it would be the same for mtnl too 🙂i dont want unlimited if its with a static ip... night plan @ 1mbps/2mbps with dynamic ip is way better 😉