Connection slow?

• Thread starter Thread starter Sandeep
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 4,657

Sandeep

I have the 128kb ultd plan from Airtel. During day hours I get speeds of only 40-50kps 🙁 Downlaod speeds are only 3-5kps 🙁 But after 10 I get good speeds. 90-100kps.Whats happening? I complained to customer care but so far nothing happened.

more people online during the day time. for me i do notice fast speeds at night. but if i download using a download manager, i still manage 10K+ speeds on my 128k line.

You have the same problem? During day time? I usualy don use any download manager, SO I get only 3-5K. Without a download manager how much do you get?

around 10-12. getting less speeds during the day is expected as most offices and commerical buildings are on. though 3-4 on a 128kbps is low. the lowest u should get is 1/2 the specified speed. and please read below... look at the footer look at the footer look at the footer look at the footer | | v

I got the 128k ul airtel connection in early dec. late dec, my daytime speed drops to 40-45kb/s. night time is 75-80kb/s. so after some complaining and no response, I switch to 64k ul. Here I get 45k. After airtel's new plans come out, I move to 256k 1gb. 3 days after switching, the speed during the day goes down to 80-140k during the day. during the night(after 1 am) it is 180-200k. Having had enough of this airtel bulls*it, I moved to bsnl and am quite happy now.I talked to airtel technical about these problems and they said that speeds are UPTO 64k, 128k, and 256k. They do not guarantee you will get the full speeds.

Hmmmm.... interesting, considering that Airtel's campaign used to be "upto 512 kbps".... I think they have stopped saying that these days (surprise, surprise!).... It's laaaaame of them to say that Home 128 is upto 128kbps.....

I thought i was only 1 having slow speed.I am getting download speed upto 8 kB/sec , I am on a 64 k connection.But seems little satisfied after hearing 3-5 kb/s 😛

Originally posted by Sandeep@Apr 10 2005, 04:17 PM
You have the same problem? During day time? I usualy don use any download manager, SO I get only 3-5K.
Without a download manager how much do you get?
[snapback]7804[/snapback]
[/quote]

I am at chennai.
dt.01-07-2005.

when i read about the frustration you people are facing i feel sorry for you.
i am using airtel for a longer time (originally it was touchtel). I had never
experienced any such situation.

i have good rapo with the cc people, here.

normally when complaints are booked they allot a docket no. and within
next 24hrs confirm about the action initiated.

airtel is using telephone lines to connect user computers. the technology is
adsl. only when the cable is used there is scope for drop in the speed as more
people share the same node. for example if the point of distribution gets
connected to 512kbps and 8 computers on the line are sharing definitely the speed
will drop. but in adsl technology the connections are dedicated by the telephone
number connections. there is no sharing. they will also see that from the exchange
office your place is within the prescribed distance (say 1.8 kms). otherwise they
will not offer the service. (here the loss of speed will be there, but not fluctuating)

if you had obtained the complaint no. and had filed a written complaint under
acknowledgement, definitely suitabley remedy could be found.

I send complaints to "care.tamilnadu@airtelbroadband.com".
my outlook express is configured to obtain a "read receipt" an acknowledgement.
I also take a printout of this email and send to them by courier and get proof of dely.

This sort of documentation will help you seek remedy through consumer forums.

this will also tell the airtel people you mean trouble to them if not set right. :angry:

I think no country will guarantee that without proper follow up things will work
to your absolute satisfaction. All countries pass through these kinds of hickups.

i am sorry if i am cermonising. that is how i get what i want without
leaving for America. B)

regards.

stpmds B)

Oh so airtel is bullshit as well......i thought it was only sify....seems we will never be able to get decent broadband in our shitty country

Originally posted by boygr8@Jul 1 2005, 07:56 PM
Oh so airtel is bullshit as well......
[snapback]14450[/snapback]
[/quote]

Heh no...they have not pulled a "Sify" as yet. (*KNOCK WOOD*)

Ie...u can only DL 75MB/day from your so called 128K "Unlmited" connection.

Here at chennai, we have only one speed, and that's not slower. The bitrate here is at a solid 13.6KBps (atleast for me) regardless of time or weather.

Ie...u can only DL 75MB/day from your so called 128K "Unlmited" connection.[/b]

U don't mean airtel, do you? If so, where is ur source?