• Thread starter Thread starter danglingball
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 2,454

danglingball

ISP
Hathway
Hello,
My Mobo blew up and I am given another board in replacement. The board is Asus P7H55/USB3. http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P7H55USB3/#specifications.
The problem is, this board does not have any video out (D-Sub or HDMI or DVI). So, I need to buy a display card / graphics card, so that I can have a D-Sub port to connect my CRT monitor.
The PC will be used just for normal office applications. No gaming at all.
Can somebody please suggest me a card, just for the sake of getting my monitor connected to that board? I need a cheap card that will suffice for my daily office use. The card should also last long (good quality durable).
My budget is INR 500-1000. Or what shoud it be for a durable card?
If anybody can help me out??
Thanks!
Some more info:
Please suggest me a card that is compatible to my board. It takes the first generation processors. LGA 1156 Socket.

You do seem to have a pcie 2.0x16 its good for a graphics card to fit for your budget you have to look into second hand cards at sites like olx.
if you insist on a brand new one look into this, this fits into pci slot.Will not advise it as driver seems to be outdated may not be compatible with latest OS.
http://www.ebay.in/itm/PCI-VGA-8MB-Card-Supports-3D-graphics-ATI-RAGE-graphics-technology-/121203608067?pt=IN_Computer_Components&hash=item1c384c4a03

Thanks for your suggestions hitech. I would like to go in for new cards only at this point. The 8mb card does not support windows 7/8. Am using Windows 7/64bit.
What should be my budget for a better new card? INR 2000?
Thanks!

Thanks Guys. I did see those cards before on flipkart. Are those compatible with my mobo? Actually, I am nuts about these cards. Never had / used any.
Which is a better brand to buy a card? And what do these names mean AMD/ATI Radeon or GeForce 210.
Thanks for help!

Yes they are compatible with your mobo. For your purpose of just needing to connect the display, either of them will work just fine.
AMD/ATI Radeon and NVIDIA GeForce are the brand names for these GPU's.

Ok , thanks for your help!
One more quick question. I am using Intel Core i3 540 3.06 processor. It has built in HD graphics. Will that create any problems? The cards have their own GPU and even the processor has its own. So just want to be sure if there will be any conflicts?
Please help.
Thanks!

No! If you install an external gpu. It 'll be priortized. You processor gpu 'll not have any use.
Btw, how did you get a different mobo as a replacement? If the old had the D-Sub or any port to connect the display. you should have got the same mobo.

Why did you accept a board with no onboard video support? return it & tell them to give correct board .

DNA_Uncut said:
No! If you install an external gpu. It 'll be priortized. You processor gpu 'll not have any use.
Btw, how did you get a different mobo as a replacement? If the old had the D-Sub or any port to connect the display. you should have got the same mobo.
Thanks for your help!
My old board was P7h55-M. It had on board graphics. Now these are old boards LGA 1156 sockets (completely obsolete). Even getting a new board with LGA 1156 socket is almost impossible. I wanted a board with LGA 1156 so that I can use my processor. The best they could find was this.
Thanks!

You should have asked for motherboard supporting ivy bridge cpus , instead of spending 2k on a graphics card you can spend 3k on a new ivy bridge pentium dual core intel cpu & sell the old cpu for 2k on olx or techenclave , you get free upgrade to current gen cpu/board .