ACTIVATION OF EVDO on NORMAL CDMA SIM

Status
Not open for further replies.
ISP
JIO,BSNL
Hi all there I want to ask is there someone who has activated BSNL EVDO services on a Normal CDMA Sim? I have bought a second hand BSNL Teracom U-500 data card and I am going to buy a CDMA sim to activate EVDO services. So do I need to go through any process or just slide-in SIM and start using EVDO? I asked a person on this forum he is able to connect to only 1X mode.All suggestions are appreciated

well, I think that could be done... i disconnected my evdo connection 2 months back, BSNL let me keep the modem without any extra charge, although its useless to me, they claim that i've already payed for it....
the 1x mode is pretty slow... and in evdo i hardly used to get 5KBps upload.. but the download speed where pretty good tho, would vary b/w 15 KBps to 100 KBps depending on several factors....

nik263 said:
well, I think that could be done... i disconnected my evdo connection 2 months back, BSNL let me keep the modem without any extra charge, although its useless to me, they claim that i've already payed for it....
the 1x mode is pretty slow... and in evdo i hardly used to get 5KBps upload.. but the download speed where pretty good tho, would vary b/w 15 KBps to 100 KBps depending on several factors....
I am not a uploader. I hardly upload file size more than 3-4 mb. So upload speed is not a issue for me

I am facing same issue. Got new CDMA sim for 50 rupees . BSNL officer informed me that I can use evdo directly by inserting sim in dongle post recharge with 825/-. However, I am able to connect to only CDMA 1x not evdo on my unlocked MTS ZTE AC 2766 dongle. Please suggest if I need to do anything to access evdo on my CDMA sim.

Status
Not open for further replies.