Uber Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3,579
  • Views Views 610,874
i pay around Rs 500 to Rs 600 for under 40km drive in Indigo, usually under 5 hours !
how much am i likely to pay in these puppies, worth it ? :tongue:

Around 800 + 600 + 80 so no.

UberSLEIGH Is Coming to India!

Join Uber

We’ll come by with an UberSLEIGH full of festive surprises, and collect contributions from around offices and homes in the city. We’re partnering with the wonderful folks at Goonj to bring this to three Indian cities — Delhi, Bangalore and Hyderabad.
HOW THIS WORKS
Spread the word at your home or office, and collect toys and other goodies!
Open the app on 25th and 26th of December between Noon and 9 PM.
Slide to the UberSLEIGH vehicle view and click on “Request Pickup.”
The UberSLEIGH and our team of elves will land up at your home or office with festive swag to pick up your donations!
WHAT YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
Goonj accepts clothes, woolens, toys, stationery, sports equipment that are new or old but in good and usable condition and appropriate for children. You’re playing Santa to young’uns after all! Here’s the list of approved items you can contribute: toys, stationary, story books, new notebooks, sports material, umbrella, spectacles, lunch box, school bags and water bottles.

Twitter / Uber_Delhi: Delhi! #UberSLEIGH is up and ...

Join Uber here: Uber

Uber Blog | Uber drops fares by 75% for Bangalore Auto Strike
Uber and its driver partners are planning to stand in solidarity with the people of Bangalore. That means making sure ordinary folks can get around the city. So, on Monday, January 6th, from 00:00 hours until midnight, ALL UBER TRIPS WILL BE LESS THAN AUTO PRICES. This one day 75% cut in fares is for all riders, Uber Newbies and Loyal Uberettos alike.
WHAT: 75% off all Uber ridesWHEN: On Monday January 6th, from 00:00 hours to midnight.
DETAILS: All of our flat rates will remain in effectBE UBER: Enjoy it, share it, and make sure if you see someone stranded you tell them about it. We’re excited to help support the people of Bangalore and we expect you to do the same with your fellow, stranded, Uber citizens! Please be courteous to your fellow Uber riders by not holding on to the cars for too long.

Last edited:
UberDelhiBase Fare Rs. 90Per KM Rs. 25Per Minute Rs. 2Minimum Fare Rs. 200Cancellation Fee Rs. 200HyderabadBase Fare Rs. 50Per KM Rs. 18Per Minute Rs. 2Minimum Fare Rs. 150Cancellation Fee Rs. 100BangaloreBase Fare Rs. 80Per KM Rs. 18Per Minute Rs. 2Minimum Fare Rs. 200Cancellation Fee Rs. 150

And thats a steep hike. I was about to board one since the price that i pay for meru at night from airport to my place was almost similar to the Uber price.
But its still a taxi and delhi govt has regularised price to Rs 23/km. So is this legal to charge 25/km?

Uber is not a taxi service. At least this is what they claim. You hire a private car that comes with a chauffeur.

Meru cars are also owned by drivers since they pay the emi. Moreover the car must be bearing a commercial number plate. And since it does bear a yellow number plate and running on roads in delhi for getting hired by passengers it is taxi and it does not matter whatever they call it. For AC cab the price fixed is Rs23/km and no waiting charges will apply(in delhi)

chromaniac said:
Uber is not a taxi service. At least this is what they claim. You hire a private car that comes with a chauffeur.
correction... you get a Premium/Luxury car with chauffeur (Toyota Camry ,Mercedes E Class,Honda Accord )

Offer has been extended.
Refer friends with your invite code. Yours is: ubersushubhFriends receive ₹600 of Uber credit toward their first ride when they sign up with your invite code.You receive ₹600 of Uber credit for every friend that takes a ride before 11:59pm on Friday, January 31, 2014.*