Uber Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3,579
  • Views Views 610,896
^same

Add Rs. 222 on Paytm, get 25% cashback on your rides!

We’ve teamed up with Paytm to put your money where it belongs, in your pocket! All you have to do is add Rs. 222 to your Paytm wallet to unlock 25% cashback, upto Rs. 50 per trip, on your next five trips until October 9, 2016.

Offer valid from October 3 to October 9, 2016.
25% cashback upto ₹50 on first 5 rides with Paytm in offer duration
Add ₹222 to your Paytm account synced with Uber to qualify
Cashbacks will be credited to your Paytm Wallet within 48 hours

nkwxUXA.png

standard chartered is probably better deal for me.

POOL to win a year of free rides!

Open the app tomorrow on Monday, 10th October 2016, enter the promo code ‘P2W’ and get riding on uberPOOL. The more you ride, the better are your chances of winning. The top 3 riders will win a year, a month or a week of free uberPOOL rides.

First place – 365 days of Uber rides, up to ₹100/day
Second place – 31 days of Uber rides, up to ₹100/day
Third place – 7 days of Uber rides, up to ₹100/day

Uber might launch new bus, minivan-hailing service in India
Uber might soon start a new ride-sharing segment. The US based company is planning to launch a service for busses and mini-vans.
Uber will be launching the service as a pilot project which will be controlled from Uber's India technical centre in Bangalore. The initiative will be a part of Uber's grand scheme called 'Uber Everything', which aims at providing every possible option to ferry a passenger from one point to another.
Now this may invite even more trouble for Uber from Public Transport groups.
Public Transporter particulary in my state and city strongly oppose any interference by Bus service for Intra-city service.
I guess Uber Bis Service could be like Travel Buses hiring, or like Company contract buses. Then they could face trouble from existing Service providers from this segment.

Makes sense. Otherwise drivers are more interested in shorter trips since they get paid x incentive for completing some number of trips in a day