[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
Join Uber Here!

Uber - New Delhi

Rs. 70 + Rs. 2 per minute + Rs. 20 per KM

Uber - Bangalore

Rs. 80 + Rs 2 per minute + Rs. 18 per KM

Possible models: Mercedes-Benz E-Class, Toyota Camry, Honda Accord.

So I am guessing only targeting the premium segment right now. Still cool.

Prices are quite amazing except for the Rs. 2 per minute tax which is horrible for India. Both Delhi NCR and Bangalore are congested cities which means that you are going to be paying while you are stuck in traffic jams. I do not think it is associated with waiting time alone.

Mobile Apps: Google Play | Apple App Store

Source

Stupid tweet. Sounds like a paid endorsement rather than a good experience tweet.

Last edited:

aviral sangal

Senior
Dec 9, 2010
Noida
But what if you take this cab late night. Since all other cabs charges almost Rs28 including night charges. So this will be better alternative

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
I think it is still cheaper than any other cab service if you look at the premium car offerings. I checked and most cab companies charge 25 rupees even for Toyota Innova. Uber is using Camry, Merc and BMWs in their fleet.
Even if you add cost of time travel... It comes to just Rs. 120 for an hour.

Reactions: 1 person

anant.del

Addicts
Regulars
Jan 2, 2010
i pay around Rs 500 to Rs 600 for under 40km drive in Indigo, usually under 5 hours !
how much am i likely to pay in these puppies, worth it ? :tongue:

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
UberSLEIGH Is Coming to India!

Join Uber

We’ll come by with an UberSLEIGH full of festive surprises, and collect contributions from around offices and homes in the city. We’re partnering with the wonderful folks at Goonj to bring this to three Indian cities — Delhi, Bangalore and Hyderabad.
HOW THIS WORKS
Spread the word at your home or office, and collect toys and other goodies!
Open the app on 25th and 26th of December between Noon and 9 PM.
Slide to the UberSLEIGH vehicle view and click on “Request Pickup.”
The UberSLEIGH and our team of elves will land up at your home or office with festive swag to pick up your donations!
WHAT YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
Goonj accepts clothes, woolens, toys, stationery, sports equipment that are new or old but in good and usable condition and appropriate for children. You’re playing Santa to young’uns after all! Here’s the list of approved items you can contribute: toys, stationary, story books, new notebooks, sports material, umbrella, spectacles, lunch box, school bags and water bottles.
Twitter / Uber_Delhi: Delhi! #UberSLEIGH is up and ...