Bsnl To Offer Broadband Connectivity At 2 Mbps

• Thread starter Thread starter super3
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 5,606

super3

BSNL to offer broadband connectivity at 2 mbps

NEW DELHI: State-owned BSNL will offer high speed of up to 2 mbps broadband connectivity to its existing subscribers who were till now getting the connection at 256 kbps.

This was announced by the Communication and IT Minister, Mr Dayanidhi Maran at India Telecom 2006, saying BSNL would be offering high-speed internet broadband at the same price. "It is now for the private operators to match it or beat it," he said. - PTI

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/busine...us/15141706.htm[/b]

too bad its short on details...

of course the questions will be.... download limit? price?

and my favourite... it says ... UP TO 2 mbps, wonder what that means...

but as always, hoping for the best 🙂

edit:

I hope it's related to this "goodbye 256k" and "unlimited bandwidth" post! 🙂 https://broadband.forum/Bsnl-To-Introduce...uced-t8881.html

The above peice of information is so much misleading. The heading says bsnl to offer connections at 2Mbps. We know for a fact that BSNL was providing connectivity upto 1 Mbps and from the above new i infer that they have doubled to speeds to 2Mbps.Now , further it says customers who were being offered speeds of 256kbps will get 2Mbps , but the truth is speeds UPTO 2mbps is being provided which means the speeds are just getting doubled for every plan which according to me means that 256k users will get 512ki just read another peice of news at a different forum , which says BSNL was employing hardware for a minimum of 1Mbps for user and ...... (the real point).... increasing the download limit ..., which menas those limits will still apply.I cant get the link right now...but shall post as soon as i get it

Didn't anybody notice? There is no mention about raising the data caps. What is the big use if the stupid data cap is still remaining, even after doubling the speeds?

whatever be the case or its ramifications, something is happening frequently at our telecom sector, and we can see the effects too. so, we have to first congradulate mr. dayanidhi maran for taking such bold and radical steps. i think the railways and Telecom are fighting tooth and nail for best reviews. So far, BSNL has tried to revive itself from the docks. By comparison of private sector, I can assure, the services and pricing of BSNL deserves some respects.We can expect better facilities only if the present minister stays in this portfolio. secondly what is the use of high bandwidth and low price, if one wants it to play games or just chat and not utilise it for educational or business purposes. We do not have server farms like those in states or canada offering best bargains.

http://www.dailyindia.com/show/93096.php/B...ivity-at-2-mbps

"'We will initially start with 1 Mbps and gradually increase it to 2 Mbps. We may probably bring out the service from January next year,' said A.K. Sinha, BSNL's chairman and managing director. "

Still, gotta wonder about download caps, pricing :-( It will be amazing if the unlimited plans also bumped to 1 mbps, to have 1mbps unlimited for Rs 900 !

being an airtel customer. i do hope they do something for their 256k customers who get around 180k in reality...

But 1 thing is for sure that BSNL has always provided promised speed . almost all dataone customers are getting pure 256 K . and i m just hoping upto 2 Mbps means pure 2mbit Link . 🙂

This is so coooool!Even if the article is misleading, and BSNL does nothing about it, it will atleast "mislead" (?) the private players to rethink their broadband strategy 😛--arnie

"Subscribers will not be charged for migrating to the high-speed broadband access nor will they have to change their consumer premise equipment". This is the most important part for a consumer.

so have they ordered more modems or not for the extra customers they would be getting next year?

Code:
'In this round-table conference I have asked the private operators to roll out similar plans for broadband connectivity,' Maran told reporters on the sidelines of the conference.
Way to go....

Yaa its all just a promise.. 🙁 Hope MTNL at least comes up with 512 kbos unlimited....