6am - 8am congestion: incredibly high latency and eventually packet loss/speed capping

rsen

Regular
[OP]
Regulars
Feb 17, 2009
Every day between around 6-6:30am up until 8am latencies to the US and EU steadily go up to around 500-550ms and then between 7:20-8am there is heavy packet loss and broadband speeds seem to get capped.

This always seems to happen when bsnl uses the india - london - nyc bharti routing and less when bsnl uses tata routing (mcore/icore servers, india-LA-rest of US)

BSNL also always seems to gravitate to the shitty bharti routing after a few days.

Additionally every time bsnl switches between these 2 routing services, connecting to the internet itself is difficult (my internet was completely down on thursday for about 14 hours).

Free period 2-8 is 6 hours out of which 2 hours is waste every day. what the hell ?

---------- Post added at 05:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 PM ----------

o and btw does anyone know of any forums with up to date information on india/bsnl broadband status ?

Stonecaper

Mar 11, 2009
Faced The Same Problem My Direct Download Links Were Going Nowhere [5-6 KBPs Speed]I Did This and It Helped [well a Bit...its 120kbps Now] - 1.Changed My DNS Server to OpenDNS3.Deleted the Connection and Created a New one In the modem Interface pageTry it and post The results

rsen

Regular
[OP]
Regulars
Feb 17, 2009
I've tried changing to google dns, comodo dns, open dns, dns advantage but the problem doesn't seem to be dns server related.The entire network slows down at this time ; I'm astonished that no one else experiences this.31/5 - seems like bsnl changed routing to TATA/vsnl servers again but the problem still remains.

Outlander

Regular
Regulars
Mar 26, 2008
I'm facing a similar problem. A long time back, it started with the Internet going off for a minute or so at about 7 AM (with the connection and the ADSL link still on), and then starting again. Now from 6 AM onwards, the connection becomes very unstable, the link keeps breaking, and the speeds plummet. If I am getting 230 kbps download speed at 5:30, after 6 AM it drops, sometimes to as low as 60 kbps. I thought maybe BSNL has got a lot of new customers over the years, and everyone starts using the net after 6 AM, and that is causing the load, but I don't know for sure.