• Thread starter Thread starter viru11
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 4,758

viru11

IK GOVT
ISP
airtel
5000rs to 8000rs. i want a true 5.1 or 7.1.many users complain , they cant use 5.1 in Tata Sky and they got only 2.1 sound. so plz help

I have done lot of R & D regarding the same 2 months before....you have to buy a HTS which has Optical In or Coaxial In....then only you will be getting surround sound effect in Speakers....
Currently i am using Sony HTS...taken out put from 2.1 sound and connected to my HTS...the sound quality is still good for me....
The price of the HTS which has optical in or coaxial in would be around Rs. 15,000 (minimum) but in Philips i have found a model which costs around 9 K or 10 K....

For optical in HTS need not buy converter but you have to buy optical out and in cable....which would cost around 300 - 400....

ajuravi007 said:
For optical in HTS need not buy converter but you have to buy optical out and in cable....which would cost around 300 - 400....
u mean i need a cable which have coaxial in [plug in speakers] to sd SPDIF Coaxial output [plug in Tata Sky box] . if yes then its a true 5.1 ? and plz any link of cable , thankx always

I would request you to go to shop and have a demo...if you are satisfied then go ahead and buy the product....

I am going to change over to Tata Sky HD as my MPEG2 box is due to be upgraded. Does the HD box , upscale the audio components of SD channels ? In other words if I only use HDMI cable out of tata sky into my HTS ( Onkyo) and then HDMI out of my HTS into TV , will it cater to audio for SD channels as well ?

You have to take a Coaxial or Optical Out from TS HD and connect it to your HTS Coaxial or Optical IN....you will get 5.1 sound effect for HD channels....Not sure of SD channels.....