• Thread starter Thread starter uthfull
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 2,461

uthfull

Uthfull.org
ISP
Aitel U/L 512kbps
Well this solution has been posted before, but here I offer the simplest solution.

Code:
http://link-removed.de/files/1145698/VSASaP_g.reg.html
Download this reg file and import it into the registry. Voila!!
All done. Run your official Sify BB Client. It won't ask you to download the McAfee VirusScan ASaP setup file.

I got a WinXp system and this solution worked fine. I know that the official client sucks big time but for those of u who still want it, here it is.

To clean up ur system, go to add remove programs and uninstall mcafee asap. Run this file. Now start ur client. It shud work fine. If it doesnt, reply here, i will post the other reg files as well.

Got them from the virusscan installer itself!! 😀

Enjoy!!

Yah sify broadband client looks for some 4 reg keys taht ASAP installs . You just need to make fake reg keys and client thinks u have got it installed . Me too posted a reg tweak for it few months b4r (somewhere on thid board 😉 )

Hehehe!! I dunno how many keys the BBClient looks for. I just copied the whole .tmp directory from the temp folder, unistalled the AV, and merged the first reg file into my registry. And the bb client started workin. So I've posted the same file heya.

You could also just leave the original registry key made during installing the official client and ASaP, and just manually delete the ASaP AV directory which goes by the name of MyCIO.Thus you will retain the ASAP AV Reg key entry while getting rid of the AV itself and install any other AV of your choice, all the time making Sify believe you have ASAP installed.

The AV installer is a 4.28 MB EXE file. Why waste your time downloading it? Download a MP3 File instead!!Just merge these enteries into your registry before installing the Sify BB Client. The setup will normally w/o asking you to download the stupid AV setup file. 😉If you already have the AV installed... yeah then you can delete the MYCIO folder or remove it from Add/Remove and run the reg file provided here.

Dude, when you aren't logged into the Sify SAM server you get amazingly blazing speeds (20 kBps to 40 kBps in my case). So downloading anything isn't an issue. Besides it's a one time thing when you're installing the official client 😉 My point is why use any 3rd party file at all. And this can be solved without touching your registry 😉

Heh... its been ages since I used BBClient actually, hows it doing now? Sify's official client is too bloated, and I hate bloat. And this is all thanks to IP, Bhaskar and Bhushan Tiwari 🙂BTW, you can also disable the antivirus by calling customer care, it will save the few porcessing cycles involved in checking those registry keys 😉

Using the reg file will save me money!!! I don't wanna call up the customercare again n again n increase my phone bill!!! 😀 They are useless.N btw even I don't use the official client. I just read somewhere in this forum... a guy named Suraj said that he got more speeds if he used the official client. So i tried it once more... didnt work 4 me... i dumped it again!! Baq using supersify.... simpler than easysify... though I also use easysify sometimes to get acc details.