Hathway Broadband launches Docsis 3.0 Ultra High speed network

• Thread starter Thread starter gopichandpai
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 312
  • Views Views 103,574
They asked me to show where it is advertised (website or a promo) which says the static IP is given for free to make your login page would go. All of our guys here say they got it but I couldn't locate any T&C or any such thing from their website. And I don't want to argue with those morons anything further.

Hi, You could call their technical help-desk and request for a private static ip. This will be provided to you free of cost and that should take care of the login issue.

However, if you require a public static ip, that would be chargeable.

Note: Private static ip is an ip from their subnet. The public static ip is an ip from Hathway ISPs allotted set of ips. You could google to research further on private static & public static ips.

I got this 50mbps plan in Hyd. The install guys said that we need to manually login the UN and PW.. is this mandatory or there is any auto login feature ?

hi AjJeo,
thanks for informative post on Hathway, one question on comment below...
"Be aware that one has to login to Hathway portal once in 6 hours to keep the service alive. If not, you will not get internet."
can you please describe your setup a bit more? did you connect Hathway Docsis modem directly to a PC? or used a Router?
Did you try setting up/configure a PPoE connection with Hathway username password, to avoid logging in repeatedly?

-Dev

Speeds seem to have slowed to 25Mbps in the last few days. Anyone facing this issue?

Speeds seem to have slowed to 25Mbps in the last few days. Anyone facing this issue?

Hi Shethsa,

Where you from? I am in Mumbai and from past week I am getting 10-12 Mbps. Despite repeated complaints they are not able to resolve it.

On my phone I get about 20 but on Macbook I get about 30. But definitely less than 45 that I used to get

Thats atleast acceptable. I am getting 9-12 on my Lappy. Phone 2-3. Mailed ceo@hathway too. Just got call from engineer to check now may be once I reach home will check. He said he will otherwise visit tomorrow

Hathway docsys has gone back to its errant ways. Speed for last 5 days has been a pathetic 1Mbps. As usual customer service is a fraud - aap befikra rahiye, engineer aake solve kar dega. This was 3 days back. Neither has any engineer called and the service centre maintains the same broken record. I'm so looking forward to jio. Hathway will have a tough time.