BSNL Broadband: Port Forwarding

• Thread starter Thread starter mohank
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 127
  • Views Views 69,063

mohank

Hi,Im Mohan and Im new to this forum.We have taken the Dataone connection and I have been using it for 1 month now.But my Age of Conquerors multiplayer is not working.I consulted a few sites and they said I should configure my ports.I tried configuring but I dont think Im doing it right.Please help me.The error I get on zone.com is this.The game starts.It shows 'Connecting to multiplayer game'.After a while it shows 'Unable to join'.I use a Huawei Smart Ax MT880 modem(like everyone else).Please do help.I want to know how to do port forwarding for AOC to work.Mohan

Sorry for digging out this old thread.BTW mohan, have you found a solution to this problem ? If yes, kindly share it with us here. Also tell us about your setup, whether it's router or modem etc.skid

maybe its just his windows firewall thats blocking, port needs to be added there?or if he's using the modem to do the dialling then add a "NAT" port forward rule to forward the TCP port(s) to his local/internal ip...that should do itunless he's got a stolen copy of the game and its not letting him play online hehehehe sneaky

I have asked this many time again asking this how to port forward in BSNL UTStarcom modem router?when ever i tried this this said some error n page 🙁

Originally posted by kambui@Dec 17 2005, 11:48 PM
I have asked this many time again asking this how to port forward in BSNL UTStarcom modem router?

when ever i tried this this said some error n page  🙁
[snapback]36229[/snapback]
[/quote]

What's your exact router model ?

Try one of these port forwarding guides depending on your model :

AR7RD

UT-300R2

UT4110A

What is PORT FORWARDING? What is the use of it? Anybody please answer in detail. Any relevant link? What are the benefits? I use D-Link DSL-502T modem.Thanks in advance.

According to portforward.com, ports can only be forwarded on a static IP, which BSNL does not give.Tried this long ago, gave up on it.

MT880 can be used in bridged mode to forward all ports ...or one may have to use NAT or Virtual Server settings .[ I have no idea how to use these settings ]

This is for Echolink program . Modem UT-300R2.

This is the page ( ADVANCED) For Port Forwarding . What is the entry for Destination Port Map ?????

CUSTOM PORT FORWARDING
Connection: pvc_0_32(pvc_8_35pvc_0_35pvc_8_81pvc_0_100pvc_14_24pvc_1_31 ) Enable yes
Application: Echolink Protocol: UDP
Source IP Address: 192.168.1.2 Source Netmask: 255.255.255.0
Destination IP Address: 68.178.200.46 Destination Netmask 255.255.255.255 ??? ?
Destination Port Start: 5198 Destination Port End: 5199
Destination Port Map: ??????

Enabled Name Source IP Destination IP Port Start Protocol Edit Delete
Mask Mask Port End
Port Map
-----------------------------------------------------------------
March30th 2300 IST. . Full port forwarding pgm availble below.
http://www.portforward.com/english/routers...-300R2/Echolink
subject closed