BSNL Broadband: Port Forwarding

• Thread starter Thread starter mohank
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 127
  • Views Views 69,061
Hi ! I would really appreciate it if someone could please help me out with my biggest headache of Port Forwarding :huh:.

I have a BSNL connection [Modem - UT 300R2U] connected to a Wireless Router (Linksys WRT54G running DD-WRT firmware).Currently the ports are not forwarded and Torrent speeds suck.I have gone through various threads which describe how ports can be forwarded - most suggest setting the Modem to Bridge Mode and configure the WRT54G for forwarding.However the problem is that the internet connection is shared wirelessly by 3-4 people and I'll have to individually configure the PCs for dialup (plus the other folks are not very comfortable with something which they are normally used to i.e. Dialup v/s "Always On" connection).

So my basic question is this : Can somebody pls help me out with enabling Port Forwarding such that :

a) I can have an "Always On" connection i.e. I simply start the PC,Router & Modem and my PC is connected to the Net without any other action

b)I dont have to use DMZ (or atleast use it in a manner which is 100% safe ?)

Additionally, my UT300R2U is such that there is no "Virtual Server" option (something that most PF manuals assume - Modem_Scrshot / Router_Scrshot)

I hope some kind soul can help me out with this.Would really appreciate it.
Thanks in advance :inodding: !

Modem - UT 300R2U] connected to a Wireless Router (Linksys WRT54G running DD-WRT firmware).

Which "PORT" you want to go ??!!!
Which application/s ???
Hope other/s also will follow you.
a) I can have an \"Always On\" connection i.e. I simply start the PC,Router & Modem and my PC is connected to the Net without any other action

REF:https://broadband.forum/bsnl-broadband/50052-utstar-wa3002-g4-vade-mecum-quick-reference/#post331246 ( Ignore wireless settings)

b)I dont have to use DMZ (or atleast use it in a manner which is 100% safe ?)

If you have AV and Firewall applications check often for virus/es malware/trojans etc.
If Yahoo toolbar is installed download Yahoo Anti spy and run frequently. in each system

Additionally, my UT300R2U is such that there is no \"Virtual Server\" option (something that most PF manuals assume access modem settings page/s

(1)Yes. BSNL models do not have these options.
If you can you can at your OWN RISK
Seems you have a Modified wifi router.
(2)Or try PF in this wifi router.

try Firmware Update of Beetel 220Bx available in WIKI here.
You may have a "DEAD" modem ,
if not done properly or if the FW
does not suit.
Exchange at BSNL !!!! try your luck .
Don't blame me.

Steps for "Always On connection
Advanced WAN edit 0_35
Deselect button " Bridged'
select PPP/PPPoE or PPPoA/PPPoE
Next
enter userId ( without @ bsnl.in) password
Always On
Save reboot
maintenance/management
SAVE reboot
wait for two minutes

1) port forward correctly
2) start utorrent and assign a port eg: 56235 (keep utorrent running while testing)
3) go to Open Port Check Tool and test port 56235 to see if it's open.

if you keep utorrent closed during the test then you'll get a failed result.

i have a weird problem..
i read up about port forwarding..figured it out..and Did it too!! it worked..the icon in utorrent showed green saying that my network connection is working as it should
but only when i was using the LAN..as soon as i switched back to my wifi..on the same modem (BSNL- Huawei Quadway Wa1003A) .. it said the port is not forwarded correctly..and the icon in utorrent became orange again saying there are no incoming connections!!
please help..is there a different method for port forwarding while using wifi?

Try this
Start /network /Wireless LAN
properties
Wireless network settings pages
TCp/Ip
Properties
IP is entered or Obtain automatically . ?
Can be different for LAN and WLAN.

Para two :
For PF you might have entered 192.168.1.X
http://i32.tinypic.com/2up3drk.jpg
Since the Port changes you get disconnected
Or give the same IP to both LAN and WIFI
You will get warning messages about Ip. conflict.
Since you are using either one, should not matter.

Use the most preferred connection.LAN or WIFI.

Feedback please.

heythanks for the reply..i just re started my comp and it started working fine! 🙂thanks again

Please post ipconfig /all details for LAN and WLAN. START type RUN type cmd Ok new window Type ipconfig /all .If you had not made any changes Thank you.Para two; After almost two years you have posted in this thread. since there was no feedback, your problem's solution was not there.I don't use PF and do not have this modem wa 1003 A.Soyour feedback will be useful to many.