• Thread starter Thread starter venkat_9099
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 3,307

venkat_9099

Tatasky+ User
ISP
SSV 1MBPS
Fed up with less number of channels and the recent issue with the Star World Premier channel I am planning to move to Videocon D2H as my megapack is about to expire in couple of days. But the DVR costs around INR 8000 and annual pack costs around INR 6000 which does not include south channels as I am in Western India. I have to pay extra for these south Indian channels. Do you think it is worth it spending INR 8000 more for couple of extra channels? Is the quality better than Tata Sky?

No, it doesn't worth. They are having a crappy stbs which has lots of issues. If you want quantity over quality then only move. They provide more channels at less cost but the service is not good as others.

temp said:
No, it doesn't worth. They are having a crappy stbs which has lots of issues. If you want quantity over quality then only move. They provide more channels at less cost but the service is not good as others.

suku_patel_22 said:
Also Tata Sky has started migration to MPEG4 so new channels will come. There is no point in switching now.

Navjot Singh said:
And lastly Star World Premiere HD will cost extra on D2H as well. :tongue:
Thank you. Will stick to Tatasky

I had the same thought like you each and every time when my mega pack expires....always quality mattes a lot rather than quantity....D2H might have 2- 3 additional viewing channels of yours but many have said that their STB is not great...also TS has this feature of for their DVR customers that they can record the programs thru mobile and internet or from any where which is not available in D2H....as you are aware that TS is now moving to MPEG 4 Technology...on a daily basis they are moving 1 or 2 channels to MPEG 4 compressions.....last month they have added 12 - 14 Malayalam Channels at one shot...we can expect channel addition month on month....

Tensports on their FB page confirmed that Ten HD will be available in TS very soon @ LCN 408.....
SWP is a special service channel and which ever DTH operator providing this channel the customer has to pay Rs. 60 pm....

yeah see a good look at Tata Sky hd now , u should definitely like what they have done by adding 6 hd channels in their list..so take a good look at it and decide