• Thread starter Thread starter PrK
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 13,760

PrK

Iaruglrer
ISP
Nextra
Hi all .. so i got a nextra 10mbps connection yesterday as the fiber was already connected right into my new home and seriously needed to give airtel the boot. Speeds are amazing, pings are just the same as airtel for anyone interested, but yeah browsing is noticeably quicker than airtel 4mbps. However, a major issue is that many times trying to open a webpage only ends up showing a blank page, like the connection was being broken immediately as soon as i hit enter. No error mesgs, just a blank page. The irritating issue shows up in all my devices and irrespective of the browser or DNS server used. It has never happened with airtel or any isp i have ever used. I have contacted the tech exec who installed the connection and he is assuring me of a solution in a day, so meanwhile i have posted here to know maybe someone else is in the same boat as me on any isp...maybe even troubleshoot but i doubt there's anything left that i haven't done. Thanks!!

dude. it has been just one day. let them fix the initial issues.

LOL.. yeah it has been a day, but really hampering my work as changing the connection to airtel every time i do some transactions is a real chore.. hence my impatience 😕
I really have high hopes with them though.

happens only on this forum website?
you can check the webpage code. injection mostly happens at the very top or the very bottom.
all google ads are invisible in that shot which means you are using an ad-blocker. you can probably just block the local server which is being used to push ads 😛

That main blank page issue has vanished after that ad injection incident, whats more it was the same on my Galaxy s3, but i couldn't check the script which generated the ad.
This further strengthens my view that it was happening because of this injection. So i guess their customers need to suffer from issues everytime they have a useless banner ad to inject until they successfully display it.
Will be trying them out for a week, if this continues its back to airtel.. although this and fast uploads are seriously making me drool.
Will post back how it goes.

i am guessing they would have a backend panel where they can disable this thingy for their customers. people would have complained in the past and they probably have a mechanism in place to disable it selectively.
so just complain today itself and see if they do anything about it.

On Tata many redirects were broken. Many websites would redirect me to the home page instead of the last visited page after signing in or clicking Accept etc. I thought the websites changed their behaviour until I switched back to Airtel and found that the redirects were working fine!

Alright I'm calling them up about this ad issue not the blank page. See what they have to tell me.

Talked to them.. the exec was quick to understand my problem and needed no convincing (for a change), so it seems others must've also complained about it.
Says that he will forward the complaint to the backend to have them disable these popups. Seems you were right chromaniac (and hope so).

well yeah. it's pretty sad actually. they know they are doing the wrong thing.

Received a call from the backend confirming my request a final time..was told it would be done today itself. They do seem prompt.
Will post a short review after a week's experience. Looks good for now.