Suggestion for Printer Server cum Router

• Thread starter Thread starter nautanki
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 3,854
ISP
Airtel
I have a SCX 4300 Samsung printer at my place which does not support WiFi printing. I also have a 450TC1 ADSL2+ router on my airtel broadband but the WiFi range is very poor on it.
I am thinking to purchase an equipment which can solve both purposes whereby 1) it becomes a print server for my printer and I should be able to print documents from any machine wirelessly and 2) it doubles up as a WiFi router to extend range of WiFi and let me transfer files on the WiFi itself instead of using my internet GBs.

There are a number of wireless routers that you can use for this, which have a USB port. If your printer has a Ethernet port, I think you can connect it to one of your free LAN ports if your existing router has free ethernet slots. I have a Belkin N300 which has 2 USB slots.
I didnt understand about your comment on using wifi bandwidth instead of internet to copy files.

PC (in which printer is installed) + Router + Sharing = Print files from your laptop wireless-ly by adding a network printer.
But for this, your PC must be switched on.

rsatbf said:
There are a number of wireless routers that you can use for this, which have a USB port. If your printer has a Ethernet port, I think you can connect it to one of your free LAN ports if your existing router has free ethernet slots. I have a Belkin N300 which has 2 USB slots.
My existing router 450 TC1 does not have a USB port. Anyways I took your suggestion, used a crossover adapter (USB to LAN) and attached it to my router. Still my machine is not able to detect the printer.