• Thread starter Thread starter rsatbf
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 15,048

rsatbf

Regular
ISP
BSNL
I have been trying to extend the validity of my bsnl sim, but when it goes to the select plan dropdown and when i select a plan it just hangs. I tried from 4 laptops, different browsers, different networks, US VPN network etc. Same result. Has anyone here done it recently?

BSNL sim validity extends automatically for your plan, if you have the sufficient balance in the account.

Wow never knew that, never took chance as it's my daughters sim and has about 600-700 balance always. Thought the balance would go waste...

It's has been around for nearly a year now ...
http://link-removed.info/bsnl-launches-automatic-validity-extension-facility-prepaid-plans/102064/

This type of incident may cause due to some error or if you are choosing wrong alternative for your prepaid number. If you want a help with your validity recharge kindly call 1503 anytime.

I tried every possible option in the plan selector drop down. The code is so crazy, it fills data into a plugin after this selection which you have to expand. However this is where it hangs for me. I tried from my phone browser too. That plugin doesn't get populated with rate and validity details at all. Will visit the Bsnl customer care center today. It's about a minute away from where I live...

iChaitanya said:
Does this apply to MH circle as well?
It should. You may check if it works after the validity expires. If it doesn't you will have 15 days grace period after that to renew your validity through stvs (The balance won't go lapse for 15 days after the validity expires & it will be added back once you recharge for valdity extension). Btw, It works in TN circle. My Dad have a BSNL sim. It automatically extends the validity every 6 months ...

DNA_Uncut said:
BSNL sim validity extends automatically for your plan, if you have the sufficient balance in the account.
Hi, I finally managed to choose a validity plan to extend and paid 74rs online for a 6 month validity extension using voucher/plan - IPAD_DATA_74
I paid the amount yesterday but my validity did not extend. still shows expiry of 3rd Oct. I use this SIM for my ipad and dont need talk time. When I travel outside my city, I use this for maps and or general browsing. However, since this didnt work for me, can I just pay some 100rs towards talk time and will this auto extend on 3rd Oct? What will be the duration of auto extension? Any idea?

The iPad plan is available. I was now successfully able to extend online by choosing the per minute plan. Takes like 2-3 minutes to get the plan details, but works. The programmer has to be shot for this🙂 Can't imagine how a site can be so inefficient. Makes me think irctc is fast!!!

My mobile(HOME use - just for incoming) received a sms that my sim validity expires on 10th Oct and i need to send a sms "continue" to a 6 digit number for which Rs.34 will be deducted from my balance(My balance - Rs.80).
I RC'ed for only Rs.100 when i bought this no. 6 months back.
Should i send the sms? Can i avoid these charges and recharge for another Rs.100? Is it mandatory charges (Rs.34 for every 180 days)?