Spectranet FOX

ISP
spectranet
recently i got this spectranet connection. They did underground fiber optic cabling and started the service called spectranet FOX in my area. the plan is 12 to 16 mbps for 6 months. looking at the speeds they will provide, i got my airtel BB service discontinued.
I AM HIGHLY DISSATISFIED WITH THE CONNECTION.
1) promised speeds 12-16 mbps ,you never get the promised speeds throughout the day. even right now i am getting just 3-5 mbps.
why do ISPs do this? come on! if you dont want to give constant speeds then why the hell do you have to make false promises?
when they visit your home for a demonstration, such good marketing skills, overselling their product, promising this and that.
but when it comes to the connection, its very poor.
2) its a daily glitch in the connection. from timings 9 pm to 12 pm i always get very low speeds like 1 mbps and very high pings touching 200 ms. i've got to play online games , but with such a pathetic ping im not able to play the games properly. and this is very irritating!
and this happens everyday
3) when i had the airtel connection i used to watch alot of youtube, surf internet and the data limit was 8 gb. with these activities not even half of my data limit was used, and around 4-5 gb was left unused per month.seldom, i used to download movies because once the data limit was reached, then speed degraded to 256kpbs(reason to change spectranet ISP). using this connection, in last 1 week the 5 gb of data usage has been shown in my spectranet account(5gb data volume used)
i myself have downloaded around 700mb of data THAT'S IT! i can accept even if i had watched 1080p HD videos on youtube, i could accept that i could've consumed data but still cant find what has used 5gb. if it could've been a theft over wi-fi, but whenever i am at home i connect through LAN cable and switch of the wifi service and whenever im not at home i switch off the router. then how come 5 gb of data has been consumed?! and i cant buy this fact that ONLY net surfing at watching videos on youtube would've consumed so much of data. i really find that spectranet is a cheat on this part.
if someone using the same net plans from spectranet and facing the same issues please reply and put forward some solutions to my problem, so as how to get the promised service from my ISP.

Thanks @Varun Gupta_23781, I got the Spectranet FOX advertisement pamphlet today in East Delhi. I was thinking to disconnect my Airtel Broadband (2mbps) and get this spectranet FOX at 12-16 mbps. But, your reviews saved me. Thanks again.

himanshupant said:
Any update on your struggles with ISPs mate ?
yes. i got all the issues solved now and i do not face these problems now.
but again the bandwidth data consumption is still not clear though it doesnt affect me much.

Varun - I am COO at Spectranet. Please write to me at nitin@spectranet.in and I will get this looked into. Thanks,

Varun Gupta_23781 said:
recently i got this spectranet connection. They did underground fiber optic cabling and started the service called spectranet FOX in my area. the plan is 12 to 16 mbps for 6 months. looking at the speeds they will provide, i got my airtel BB service discontinued.
I AM HIGHLY DISSATISFIED WITH THE CONNECTION.
1) promised speeds 12-16 mbps ,you never get the promised speeds throughout the day. even right now i am getting just 3-5 mbps.
why do ISPs do this? come on! if you dont want to give constant speeds then why the hell do you have to make false promises?
when they visit your home for a demonstration, such good marketing skills, overselling their product, promising this and that.
but when it comes to the connection, its very poor.
2) its a daily glitch in the connection. from timings 9 pm to 12 pm i always get very low speeds like 1 mbps and very high pings touching 200 ms. i've got to play online games , but with such a pathetic ping im not able to play the games properly. and this is very irritating!
and this happens everyday
3) when i had the airtel connection i used to watch alot of youtube, surf internet and the data limit was 8 gb. with these activities not even half of my data limit was used, and around 4-5 gb was left unused per month.seldom, i used to download movies because once the data limit was reached, then speed degraded to 256kpbs(reason to change spectranet ISP). using this connection, in last 1 week the 5 gb of data usage has been shown in my spectranet account(5gb data volume used)
i myself have downloaded around 700mb of data THAT'S IT! i can accept even if i had watched 1080p HD videos on youtube, i could accept that i could've consumed data but still cant find what has used 5gb. if it could've been a theft over wi-fi, but whenever i am at home i connect through LAN cable and switch of the wifi service and whenever im not at home i switch off the router. then how come 5 gb of data has been consumed?! and i cant buy this fact that ONLY net surfing at watching videos on youtube would've consumed so much of data. i really find that spectranet is a cheat on this part.
if someone using the same net plans from spectranet and facing the same issues please reply and put forward some solutions to my problem, so as how to get the promised service from my ISP.

Hello NitinIn my case , I raised a query to inquire about spectranet plans / availability in my area but no one reverted back to me. Talk about awesome business plan

Hi Himanshu
We do not provide FTTH services in Sec 62 Noida as on date.
Kindly share your complete address and I shall try to help with the availability of Cable broadband services
Thanks
Shagun

Hi Ab96
We provide Cable broadband services in your appartments. Pl share your number , I shall have it forwarded to the concerned .
regards

hi,I am using the Spectranet FOX connection in Indirapuram, Ghaziabad.I got my connection in the october month. The day it was installed at my place the guy that came for the installation, showed me the speed of around 14MBps as it says between 12MBps to 16 MBps. I was so happy that finally I got a good broadband connection.But, as the days passed by the speed also started decreasing. When I complained regarding the speed to one of the technical executive of spectranet the answer I got from him was, "You should know all these marketing tricks, how these things are marketed. It is obvious that the speed will not remain the same if you compare with the initial days of connection."Really I was so depressed to hear this, that they know they are fooling the people around.Still, as of now when I am writing this, I am getting the download speed of around 6 MBps and upload speed of below 1MBps. Today, when I called the customer care, the guy from the other end suggests me that "Definitely it will be some kind of virus on your PC that must be decreasing your Broadband Speed" 🙂 what pathetic answer he has given me.I just wanted to ask the officials of spectranet if available here, is this not a cheating? Do you guys think, you will be going to outperform your competitors doing this kind of trick.I have just registered my complaint regarding the same and let's see what excuse they are going to give this time. BTW my complaint number is : 2013121011516093Disappointed 🙁