firstly - some words of appreciation for a positive experience so far and I concur with points 1 and 2 above!!
coming to my issue :
I have been a happy customer for a year now and am on the Quarterly Unlimited Package.
Since Sunday 1400hrs , there is no connectivity and I have called up the local tech/sales rep.Till today, my complaint status is not resolved!
I have called up the following and here is a summary :
1. Mr Manjunath - tech/sales rep - a response around power outage on sunday when first called and reported the incident - eta 30 mins , changed to few hours and since then not even a call back or response to sms/calls
2. Monday 1st June - ticket created with SLA 8 hrs for a tech visit - not met yet and no update
3. Mumbai NOC call - confirmation of issue, highlighted to be with CPE ( Spectranet Switch in premise building /floor - as per troubleshooting)
4. Tech Visit - NOT DONE TILL 7PM.
5. I called Mumbai NOC again to follow up - given Area Co-ordinator number for a Mr Robin.
6. Called up Mr Robin - commitment of tech in 2 hours - by 2100 hrs including tech name ( Mr Raghu ) - however no visit
7. follow up via another call and SMS - no response
8. Tuesday 2nd June - follow up with Mr Robin again - commitment of new tech by afternoon - plus mobile number again for Mr Manju ( ala point 1)
9. Called Mr Manju again - twice - no response.
Please can this be looked into? Can I have my internet back? its been 48 hrs without internet !
this is for BANG- SARJ- SOBHA QUARTZ ( Bangalore )
Hi folks, just wanted to check if it's a normal behaviour to get a very low ping test score (read Score F) even though speedtest results are in line within the promised bandwidth range (12-16 MBPS). I've been a Spectranet user for the last year and I've always had this issue. The network is rather poor during late evenings and video sites just keeps buffering. I'm about give up on them but i thought i'll get some feedback before pulling the plug.
Someone somewhere said to tell the installation guy to install a 100Mbps connection instead of 10Mbps connection (doesn't matter what plan speed you selected) as it hepls in p2p and torrent speeds.
I don't understand, what did he meant exactly
Please someone, explain