Spectranet FOX

Dear Mr Kumar
At the outset , we would like to thank you for your patronage for choosing Spectranet services.
Please be assured , at Spectranet, we are committed to provide you the most amazing internet experience.
We regret any inconvenience caused to you and have noted your concerns.
We are getting our technical team to evaluate and resolve your concern at the earliest. You may get a call from the concerned technical resource
to check on the status of resolution.
Please allow us some time. We shall resolve and revert on this at the earliest
Regards
Shagun

Hi Shagun,Thank you for your prompt reply.Yes, I got the call from technical officer same day and I am happy to say that the speed issue seems to be fixed now and working fine.Currently I am getting arround 12 MBps download speed in peak time of the day. I didn't get the chance to check the speed in off-peak hours though.Thank you for the quick resolution.RegardsF Kumar

shamittomar said:
Thanks @Varun Gupta_23781, I got the Spectranet FOX advertisement pamphlet today in East Delhi. I was thinking to disconnect my Airtel Broadband (2mbps) and get this spectranet FOX at 12-16 mbps. But, your reviews saved me. Thanks again.
Dear @Shamittomar, we would love to have you as our Spectranet FOX customer. Hope you will give us a chance. If okay with you, please share your email with us and I will have one of our sales person for the east delhi region speak with you.
look forward to your reply.
regards,

Hi All,
Please don't waste your hard earned money in Spectranet.
I live in a big apartment in Bangalore. Spectranet guys put a stall in my apartment every weekend & try to sell.
As it's a big apartment, they see a big potential of selling close to 1000+ connections here.
Me & my friend got fooled by the advertisement of 12-16Mbps speed.
We bought the connection 4 days ago. But after the installation, we are getting speed less than 1 Mbps through Fiber Optic connection.
Their cust care is useless. They are not refunding our money now. They must be thrown out of India for cheating customer by flase selling.
I have taken various snapshots of speedtest today & mailed to them, none of the test shows speed of more than 1 Mbps.
Their tech person also logged in to my system & conducted tests & saw that speed is not exceeding above 1 Mbps.
I saw that Internet is full of -ve reviews about Spectranet.
One thing will be sure that, I won't allow spectranet marketing in my apartment anymore & will not allow any sale here.

-Ashwani
shamittomar said:
Thanks @Varun Gupta_23781, I got the Spectranet FOX advertisement pamphlet today in East Delhi. I was thinking to disconnect my Airtel Broadband (2mbps) and get this spectranet FOX at 12-16 mbps. But, your reviews saved me. Thanks again.
Good decission Shamit. I was idiot that, I didn't look review about spectranet before taking the connection. Just 4 days ago I got the connection. Spectranet fooled me by tellinng the minimum speed will be 12 Mbps & max speed will be 16 Mbps. But I am getting the speed between 0.2 Mbps to 1 Mbps only. They cheated me & flew away with my money.
-Ashwani

Nitin Mehrotra said:
@Ashwani,
I have asked our Customer & Technical Support team to speak with you in person and resolve your complaint at the earliest.
Hey Nitin, can I get these FOX plans at Shakur Basti ?
Is the extra 48 GB free for first 6 months valid for Plan 8 GB too ?

Guys i am tired of down time of spectranet. Most of the time, while doing office work, the internet goes off. Anyone else from Powai experiencing this problem. I am thinking of switching back to Rajeshnet

am from Sanpada Millennium towers Navi Mumbai
1) I have Airtel broadband + Landline for last 4 years/ monthly /1 mbps/ rs 550 plan +taxes=Rs 618 pm.
I remember it was a monthly 5 gb plan, but it dosent mentioned on the monthly bill.
I actually get a speed of 2.06 mbps Dwnld and 0.44 Mbps upld on https://www.speedtest.net/ avg
usually downloads from youtube etc, and a movie a month etc, but never had any issue with data limit
Airtel has stopped providing service for their wifi modems, though I purchased Beetel 450TC2 modem, but has issues with separate passwords for each device to connect, so swtich it back to 450BX1 modem,
but always have conneciton issues, have to call customer care almost every month, customer care was good and could resolve the issue same day.
I am more or less happy with Airtel, not able to decide to change over to other ISP
There are other 2 ISP providers Vovinet and Spectranet (Fox)
2) Vovinet : Rather than going for 6 months plan I opted for 1 month plan to check the service
Monthly /5 gb/10 mbps/ rs 675/ Free installation + Wifi router
Had issues with their installtion team as I wanted router to placed in my study room ( as I already have with Airtel ), but they could not, customer care was bad, could not resolve it for almost a month, so i got it cancelled, Never really able to check speed etc.
3) Spectranet (Fox) : Monthly/ 16 gb/ 12 to 16 mbps/ Rs 785/ Free installation + Wifi router
Promised to install where I wanted.
will update once done.

The worst connection to get ever! I took Spectranet in Bangalore. Read my email to Spectranet customer care (on 18 February 2014: 1.21PM India time) after following up with them to install Spectranet Connection for 8 days, you will then get entire picture of why you shouldn't get Spectranet:
Hi,
With reference to the above information, I have taken up a new connection with Spectranet, to which I subscribed on Monday, 10 February 2014. I received a verification call from Spectranet at around 7 PM on Tuesday, 11 February 2014 and a call for installation time suitability at 9PM on Tuesday, 11 February 2014. I had given them a suitable timing of 5.30PM on Wednesday, 12 February 2014. I was extremely delighted by the prompt response from the Spectranet Team. However, this delight was only short lived.
I waited for a revert from the installation team on Wednesday, and had left early from office for the same purpose. However, I received no such call. I even waited for a call on Thursday and Friday. But again only to be disappointed. Finally, I made a call to register a complaint at your call center on Friday, 14 February 2014 at 3.50 PM. The same complaint number is listed above. I was told that the complaint would be resolved in 24 hours and my connection would be installed in the same duration.
As it stands now, it has been 91 hours since I registered my complaint. I have received no calls from your end till now, none what so ever. However, to follow up from my end, I have made calls to your call center to follow up on the issue/complaint. I must have made 2 calls per day after the lapse of 24 hours of registering the complaint. During my first call in the day, I receive the reply "Sir, you issue is escalated, and you will receive a call today from our installation team soon"
I do not know what the issue is but, I haven't received the above mentioned call from your team till today. To follow up when I call back again in the evening, the following are the standard replies,
"Sir, you have already been allotted an installation engineer"
"Sir, your issue is escalated to my seniors, they are looking at it"
"Sir, I will ensure that this issue is taken up with priority"
"Sir, I ensure you that your issue will be resolved tomorrow for sure"
"Sir, we are continuously following up and trying to resolve the issue"
"Sir, I will follow up with the concerned team and my seniors and make sure that the issue is resolved"
"Sir, tomorrow morning you will receive a call from us"
However, even on insisting to let me know what the issue is, I do not get any answer from your call center people. When I ask to talk to the concerned "seniors", I am put on a hold for a long duration with a following reply every time "Sir, our seniors are busy at the moment and not answering, I promise you that your matter is being looked at with extreme priority"
I do not see the "allotted" installation engineer, nor the priority, nor the escalation nor the seniors working on it, since as of now I don't even have information on what the issue is and why my connection is not installed yet. This is the least information that you could provide. All I get are standard book replies from your call center executives. I have made the payment upfront in advance and have been extremely patient with Spectranet. However, all I have received in return is extreme disappointment and extreme un-professionalism from your end.
I am sorry but this experience has left me with a very bitter taste of your customer service and support and I only have negative reviews about your connection. I am sure you would be aware of word of mouth publicity, and the way you are handling my connection issue right now, you should not be too hopeful of me recommending Spectranet to anyone.
I don't know what to expect from this mail as I am not sure whether this mail would help resolve my issue quickly or whether it is going to take forever even now to just receive a revert call back from your team. However, I do hope this mail does reach the mail box of the concerned "seniors" who have always been busy whenever I have tried to reach to them via your customer support.
While I understand that installation takes around 5 working days, I would like to iterate to you that 5 working days are also past and the reason why I posted a complaint was that I had received a call for installation from your end on Wednesday with no follow up after that.
On an extremely bitter note and distasteful customer service, I urge you, one last time to resolve my issue as soon as possible and at least give me a revert call for the sake of courtesy, if not anything else.
Regards,
Mayank

I am sure if you go through the above mail you would get a good enough reason apart from the above mentioned comments.

Hi Ashok

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. Can you send me a private email (anurag.bhatia@spectranet.in) with your details so that I can followup with our teams internally? I will ensure that you hear back from our team asap and get online.

Thanks.

Hello Nitin / Shagun - please help.
I am an existing Spectranet Customer - in one of the most important residential markets for Spectranet in Bangalore - Prestige Shantiniketan Residential complex, near ITPL, Whitefield, Bangalore.
I have been using Spectranet for last 6 months - and have been a good customer by paying 6 months in advance.
I had to move my flat few weeks ago within the same complex. When I contacted the local sales team for moving my connection they kept making excuses and finally told me that there would be a charge of 1000 Rs just for moving it to another flat.
This process wasted more than a week. So finally I moved to customer care for cancelling my connection. They took my request:
Spectranet Reference Number:2014021412089175
Then I got a call from your billing department from Sunil Kumar [sunil.kumar1@spectranet.in] 011-66064807 telling me that my transfer would be processed free of charge and I can retain the connection.
It has been a week that I have been following up with Sunil and Customer care and my connection is still not working. Wiring and modem installation (existing modem from my previous flat has been used) - but the connection has NOT been activated.
I am already without internet for about 2 weeks - which would have been a day had I taken a new connection within Prestige Shantiniketan.
I asked customer support to give me a local contact but they said they cannot share details of any local contact for Bangalore/Shantiniketan.
This experience reflects very poorly upon you when your competitors have turn around time in hours and not in days. My spectranet registered mobile is 8722230100
Please get the connection activated at the earliest else suggest me to opt for a different ISP. Please suggest what should I do for the loss of time for which I have pre paid to you.
Best wishes
Shantanu

Hi All,
I am new to this forum and this discussion. I would like to add my experience with the two ISPs discussed throughout here.
Airtel: was with airtel since 2007, initially 2mbps - 8 gb plan; eventually moved to 4mbps - 10 gb plan and then to 8mbps - 10 gb plan. The moment i switched from 2 mbps to other speed, the connection started creating issues to me. treid multiple times to resolve the speed and connection issues with the airtel people, for say almost for 8 months, but ended up with disconnection.
Spectranet: switched to spectranet recently. it has only been a week with 12mbps-16mbps - 48 gb plan, and the connection seems working fine. even the cust care and installation guys were good and problem solvers (however i think it will be toooooo early to comment on their services and committment).
I think as these guys are going in our area, they should be able to keep their promises of services.
Lets see whats in future..... gud look to spectranet

Hi Anshul

Greetings from Spectranet!

Thanks for kind words. Yes, in Spectranet we have excellent engineering team working 24x7 in our central NOC, and proactively our backbone and access links. What I can assure you is that our engineering team as well as senior management team is available here (here on Broadbandforum, yeah!) and does keeps an eye on feedback. We very much understand the challenges and working hard in direction to get more and more of you on board asap.

Thanks.

shagunchadha said:
Hi Himanshu
We do not provide FTTH services in Sec 62 Noida as on date.
Kindly share your complete address and I shall try to help with the availability of Cable broadband services
Thanks
Shagun
Any update on this ? Strange that you dont cater to Sec 62 Noida which is the largest residential area of Noida !!