• Replies Replies 55
  • Views Views 9,098

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
I am doing a story on slow broadband speeds in India. It would be really nice if I could get an insight into the problem faced by broadband consumers probably through a brief interview/interaction with you. I would also like to know if consumers are getting any relief from Trai.
Alright. Post your feedback in concise points. I personally have no clue about TRAI helping out broadband customers in India. From what I read here, nodal officers and that pgportal something?

PgPortal run by DOT is very helpful when it comes to grievances with telcos.

x720 said:
PgPortal run by DOT is very helpful when it comes to grievances with telcos.
*PgPortal, PS Portal etc used to work a little in past but not any more - i had first hand experience when i reported my Airtel 4g Issues sometime at the beginning of this year - The process is to simply forward the compliant to a major contact of the particular company (in my case Airtel) & then you'll get a callback from their Escalations Team - they were better than the normal Customer Care but didn't resolve the problem - The whole concept is a failure IMO now

Has worked well for me with reliance, multiple times.
When exactly was this ?

2 weeks ago, iirc. Regarding evdo data activation and another network issue. In reliance, there seems to be a disconnect between the cc that takes down the complaint and people that get the stuff done. pgportal has ensured, at least for rcom, that the complaint reaches the right people and they do take it seriously.

2 weeks ago, iirc. Regarding evdo data activation and another network issue. In reliance, there seems to be a disconnect between the cc that takes down the complaint and people that get the stuff done. pgportal has ensured, at least for rcom, that the complaint reaches the right people and they do take it seriously.
Good to know, in my case the complaint did reach the correct people but I still didn't get the solution. I then realised that pg portal does not have a strict tracking or fines for not obliging. The case can be open for long and closed one fine day without a solution... Open another and that too goes through the same fate

Right. It works like a messenger in a way. End result depends upon your operator.
Yup, you said it right

Just registered a complaint about MTNL not increasing my downstream from 2052 kbps on 2mbps plan, it should be 2300-2500kbps . Lest see if this works .
Best of luck pal, I once complained because bsnl had set the downstream as 3999 I think because of which I never used to get good speeds on my 4 Mbps connection but nothing really happened - but that was a long time ago

Just in Summary:
- No competition in BB except Top Metro Cities
- BB Costs high w.r.t. Income
- No quality control & check on BB ISP & Services
- Better Formula for FUP eg- [Price(In Rs) = FUP(in GB) * Speed (in Mbps) * 10 ]

@IM - Read Admin's first post in this thread
Now coming to topic,
Recommendations of TRAI not being implemented (512 kbps min).No proper resolution of complaints - Nodal officer (or equivalent) resolution process looks like a joke the way it happens