Connecting A Wrt54g To A Wap54g (wireless Repeater Mode)

• Thread starter Thread starter varunj
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 0
  • Views Views 3,962

varunj

ISP
TATA Indicom
Ok I need to figure out how to setup my network. I have asked about this on the forum, but didn't get any relevant answers. Anyways,Equipment:1. D-Link 502T Router - DL2. Linksys WRT54G Wireless router - RT3. Linksys WAP54G Access point - AP4. Trikon IAD 162 VoIP Gateway - VoIPAt present the network is configured as DL --> VoIP --> RT. Now for some reason the cable from VoIP is not connected to the 'Internet' port in RT, but in any of the other four ports. However, the net works fine with no problem. However, I am unable to access the D-Link router to reset the connection every morning and night (MTNL 590NU).Now, I have an additional problem in the form of AP. I bought this to amplify the signal of RT for remote parts of my house. I have no clue how to configure this to work as a repeater.I would like to configure it so that I can always access DL from my computer. Is the best way to connect DL directly to RT and VoIP as one of the outputs of RT? I wouldn't mind disconnecting and reconnecting the entire network, if someone can guide me through the process.Thank you very much,Regards,VarunV.