• Replies Replies 49
  • Views Views 8,085
Open Command promt in admin.
enter below commands-
diskpart
list disk
select disk
(
Disk ### Status Size Free Dyn Gpt -------- ------------- ------- ------- --- --- Disk 0 Online 298 GB 1024 KB
)
clean
convert gpt
exit

Alrighty. Same error as Disk Management!

Since it's showing up properly in DP, The possibility of hardware fault is thin.
Check the sata cable to see if it's properly connected
This smells like dynamic or any other srewed-up partitions on the disk. I would try: Format the disk with Command Prompt on your installation disk. The commands are: Diskpart List disk Select disk n (where n is the number that was given for your 3TB in List disk) Create partition primary Active Exit
* Change the optical drive to UEFI from AHCI in Bios before proceeding ...
Btw, hw come you sell a faulty hdd in olx and also claim refund for the same from the seller? Are you not suppose to give back the hdd to the seller to get a refund or replacement?

My motherboard is no UEFI. And my listing on OLX in case Flipkart refuses to return the product. I am looking for a possible buyer with a recently purchased desktop who can make use of this HDD. The unit has a two year warranty as per Seagate website. Plus Flipkart is responsible to deliver replacements for the next 25 days.

OK. Flipkart has agreed to issue a refund and take the product back. Man, they tend to impress me again and again. :
I would probably order a 2TB HDD locally. Hopefully that would work 🙁
rajnusker said:
^How much you selling this for?
I had listed it for Rs. 8000. Did not get any query today.
DNA_Uncut said:
As the hdd prices shooting up every three months. I would suggest, Instead of selling the hdd. You may better upgrade the mobo & sell the older one in olx ...
Neh. Changing the motherboard would mean I would want to get a new processor too. It would become a much larger expense for me. I plan to order a NAS box next month and switch all my internal HDDs to it. I have a feeling that my box is not taking good care of the hard disks I install internally.

chromaniac said:
I would probably order a 2TB HDD locally. Hopefully that would work 🙁

Neh. Changing the motherboard would mean I would want to get a new processor too.
2 TB will work. As the mobo supports upto 2.2 TB ...
No need to change the processor. Any new AM3+ mobo would take your current processor.
As af suggested,NSA can be avoided. If you 're ready to spend for a a better psu, atx cabinet (no micro atx). You may get everything (New mobo, atx cabinet + psu for 5-7k ...

I have a CoolerMaster PSU in my box. 450W I think. Do not remember the exact details because the system is quite old now.
As for support... I have already stated that I have a WD 3TB HDD that works fine without any special software or hardware on the same desktop.

Just a 1TB and 500MB along with the 3TB WD. I was planning to replace the 1TB with the new Seagate 3TB.
The 500GB HDD is boot drive so hard to get rid of it. It is showing some errors in SMART. The 1TB and 3TB HDD both have bad sectors so basically I am playing with fire these days.