Will sify bring down the tariff? They should!

• Thread starter Thread starter Mahesh1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 3,494

Mahesh1

ISP
Airtel 128kbps unlimited
Does evry1 know that leased line prices have been cut down by 70%. This was announced in mid march. I wonder when sify will p@$$ these cuts to the customer. Atleast they should p@$$ on half the discount.
I just wonder how much money they are makin. :angry: I am not gonna renew my account till they announce a cut.

heres the article http://sify.com/finance/fullstory.php?id=13691452

Well my CTO was saying they will drop prices here in chandigarh by just around Rs.100.Lets see whats happens!

100!!!! (insert gratuitous profanities here).Well the 70% cut in the price of international bandwidth takes effect from April 1 so I hope this wasn't just some sick joke. Anyway I called customercare and they said they would announce a cut within 20 days.

Crap! All things of benefit to customers are invariably challenged by the Telcos at TDSAT's steps.

screw the price drop, i'd much rather they gave us 70% more speed... 🙄

vsnl exploited as much as it can and now when price is cutted it is going to court and giving stupid reasons..

Is there a paid media exposure? I had alluded to the same in one of my earlier posts on TechWhack. This article appears in Business Standard on VSNL; is there an IPO in the offing in the near future? It is usually seen that a buzz is created around a company before it declares its results or perhaps planning to raise capital from the market. Much as they want to declare in their own company fact sheets, it does not carry the same weight as it does by being reported in Media. There ought to be a disclosure at the end of the article in the newspaper, which says that no material benefit has been derived from reporting. I am not casting a slur on the journalist in question, but then everyone knows as to how they are under pressure to speak out glowing reviews for the company in question.

http://broadbandforum.co/177/040...osure-in-india/

Originally posted by anand@Apr 3 2005, 01:02 PM
I called customercare and they said they would announce a cut within 20 days.
[snapback]7562[/snapback]
[/quote]

Today is 22 april,still no cut announced as yet.

The earlier order was kept in abeyance.Domestic prices have just been cut by trai hopefully the suckers @ vsnl won't challenge this order too.

Yeah, Sify should loosen its hold on all the bandwidth it has now. It does seem to have plenty enough, so much so that often it leaks from Sify's servers and some subscribers start getting 1 mbps speeds 😛