• Thread starter Thread starter sting921
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 10,600
Status
Not open for further replies.
ISP
Reliance Broadband
Hey guys ! This is the first time I am posting in here and in vain.I had been using Airtel broadband 3-4 months back and recently I had opted for Reliance broadband with the thunder 699 plan. Though I am pretty much satisfied with the speed, but usual disconnection happen saying " Local Area Connection doesn't have a valid IP Configuration ". This doesn't bother me much, my main problem is that i cannot acces my router settings i followed the procedure
Start > CMD > ipconfig > Default gateway IP , used the IP to try to access router setting in Google Chrome, Mozilla and Internet Explorer but none can connect me to it, my default gateway starts like 123.236.x.x . Note sure if it should start with 123 usually its 192 isnt it ?
Even when i used the modem provided by Reliance "ZTE ZXDSL 831 Series " i couldn't access the router settings , I did a Hard reset on my beetel modem too. The beetel router got configured when i connected modem to the router using 2 lan cables i guess ?, I am able to ping my default gateway through cmd and i use direct ethernet cable into my laptop which is a windows 7 64-bit.
Well i should be able to access my router settings right or is it blocked by reliance ?

It is not blocked. Well, at leaat not intentionally.
Reliance uses a diffrent method to authenticate and connect users. Their DHCP servers assigns IPs to you devices like you ADSL router or you PC or wifi router(in case of Metro ethernet). This IP is in the range 123.2xx.xxx.xxx. This the IP you are seeing. Once you have the IP, you login and authenticate youself with your usename and password on the captive portal(the reliance login website.)
To access you modem, mannually configure the following IP settings in you LAN adapter(the one to which you modem is connected.).
Go to control panel and find network and sharing center(skip in you are on XP) and now locate "network connections" or "change adpater settings".
Here, you should see all the network connection and adapters. find you LAN. Right click and choose properties. Now select IPV4 and then click on properties.
Now click on advance and then on add. Now put the follwing IP there.
IP:192.168.1.123
SUBNET:255.255.255.0
Now you can access the modem on 192.168.1.1
Are you on ADSL or metro? You posted in Metro section but you router is ADSL.
How is everything connected? Explain the whole setup like what type of wire comes from where and goes into what.
Cheers!
Edit: About the frequent dissconnections, It is a common problem with reliance. Try complaining to CC at 1800-3000-7777.

Thanks for the reply Pteek, and sorry for the wrong section post mods, total newbie...Btw I did the steps you mentioned i entered the IP address as 192.168.1.1 and the subnet mask, The default gateways entered was same as the ip, but what about the DNS IP ?
https://prntscr.com/1paqev

About the connection;
The connection i did to beetel router was : i connected the line to the reliance provided modem and from modem i connected the router via a lan cable and then from the beetel router to my pc via another lan cable internet line > modem > router > pc
but now the router doesnt seem to work directly so i am using the ZTE modem provided by reliance.

Why don't you follow my instruction exactly like I wrote them?
We want to another IP to the LAN adapter besied the 123.xxx.xxx.xxx IP.
The config shown in you screenshot must be left on "obtain IP automatically".
Go to advance tab on the same screenshot, and add another IP, 192.168.1.x. Here X can by anything between 2-254 but not 1 becasue 192.168.1.1 is the modem's IP. No two devices can have the same IP in the same Network.
Does the line have 2 or 4 or 8 wires?

pteek said:
Why don't you follow my instruction exactly like I wrote them?
We want to another IP to the LAN adapter besied the 123.xxx.xxx.xxx IP.
The config shown in you screenshot must be left on "obtain IP automatically".
Go to advance tab on the same screenshot, and add another IP, 192.168.1.x. Here X can by anything between 2-254 but not 1 becasue 192.168.1.1 is the modem's IP. No two devices can have the same IP in the same Network.
Does the line have 2 or 4 or 8 wires?

Only 1 wire , i tried what you said, can you explain me in detail because i am a total zero at this.

Where to add the subnet ?
Edit: I Applied the IP address setting but still i cannot access my ZTE modem, it still cannot connect to the IP address ; PS the default subnet is 255.255.255.0
Now it shows me two default gateway IPs

Kkay. I forgot that you can't add another IP to an DHCP configured interface. Do this. Clear all the changes to settings that you made. Remove the 192.168.1.1 gateway. Now do these settings to acces the modem.https://imgur.com/9m2MGzG

what about the DNS server and default gateway ?
Edit : Did the settings you put in the pic , and it said no internet access didnt show any DNS or ipv4 dhcp

You don't need DNS to acces the modem.
After doing the above settings, try to ping 192.168.1.1 and see if you get replys.

I did what you said left the default gateway blank

this is what i got , cant access in browser though.

You are pinging YOURSELF. You are trying to access your computer in a HTTP browser.Every device has a unique number called Internet Protocol address assigned to them in a network. They use this number as THEIR address and communicate to other devices via their unique IP addresses.You router's IP address is configured as 192.168.1.1 in its software. To talk to it, you must be in the same network and have a unique IP for you and also know the IP of the router.The subnet 255.255.255.0 defines the network in which both your PC and router are and 192.168.1.200 is the IP of your computer.Ping the router's IP and try to access 192.168.1.1 in the browser AFTER you have configured your PCs IP as 192.168.1.200 and subnet as 255.255.255.0.I hope that clears you doubt.

Thanks alot man, I could finally access my router to put setting, but to gain back internet again i have to get IP automatically because I loose internet access when i access my router
Any way i can have this Ip and still access my internet?

You can try. It won't work perfectly tho because reliance uses DHCP and putting a Static IP causes stomach pain in reliance's switches.
First get a DHCP lease.
Putting IPv4 config on automatic will grab the DHCP lease.
https://imgur.com/dyZtIvU
Now go to status of your LAN adapter and click on detail and take note of theses settings.
https://imgur.com/kwsJPQP
Now you can try to put these settings manually in the LAN adapter and see if the internet works, if it does then add another IP and not gateway as 192.168.1.200 and you can access both.

pteek said:
You can try. It won't work perfectly tho because reliance uses DHCP and putting a Static IP causes stomach pain in reliance's switches.
First get a DHCP lease.
Putting IPv4 config on automatic will grab the DHCP lease.
https://imgur.com/dyZtIvU
Now go to status of your LAN adapter and click on detail and take note of theses settings.
https://imgur.com/kwsJPQP
Now you can try to put these settings manually in the LAN adapter and see if the internet works, if it does then add another IP and not gateway as 192.168.1.200 and you can access both.
I tried to enter manually the IP , subnet , gateway and DNs server...but i cant get the DHCP enabled ? this doesnt let me access internet i guess.

I have a router of beetel 450tc1but not connect to reliance broadband i call the customer carethe give me following settingConnection type PAPIp adress DynamicVPI 0VCI 35but i cant understandcan any 1 help me?

Status
Not open for further replies.