Anyone using Vovinet

• Thread starter Thread starter varun120
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 25,735
+1 Looks like an area specific thing.

I'm going on 6 months now. No complaints bar a few days of stray outages - they claimed virus attacks on their servers.
Download speed, quota, Fifa connections - all OK.

• Yes their customer service helpline is difficult to get to.
  • If there is a payment/billing dispute (I've gone for prepaid to be safe), I'd be squirmy about it getting resolved - doesn't inspire confidence.

Only bummer seems to be an ET Article today - Sterlite FION is shutting down fibre/broadband operations. Not sure if Vovinet is a relay for them.

Finally my tedious search regarding an issue about Vovinet directed me towards this page.

I am based in Majiwada, Thane. Been using Vovinet since about 10 months now. Apart from the usual downtime issue, been a decent experience so far until about a few weeks ago.

Being a PC Gamer, was playing various multiplayers such as Titanfall / Battlefield etc. The ping used to be okayish. However, about 2 weeks ago, bought a PS4 along with couple of games such as COD:AW and Destiny. Since then, it has been a nightmare experience which has almost resulted in me going into rage mode and destroying my console. Games do not at all connect or find servers ! Its simply annoying ! Initially thinking it was a router issue, tried all the various settings, nothing worked. I even bought a new router, thinking the Beetel is having issues, but nothing. Spoke with Vovinet Customer Support, they told me some virus attack had resulted in them shutting down some ports. Told me it issue will be sorted in 24 hours. A week later and after numerous calls, still nothing.

Thinking of switching over to Tata or Spectra as those are the only two other options I have.

have used vovinet before.... they got good speed but frequent disconnections .... and customer service gives the same reply for every issue (restart modem or there is work going on please check after few hours)

Absolutely pitiful service. Useless. Do NOT think of taking this connection. I am so fed up of calling customer service and hearing all the stupid excuses that I have determined to file a police complaint against them for cheating. After all, they have taken my money and have not given what they promised me!!