New connection BBG speed combo 2799, not getting speed.

• Thread starter Thread starter Osama
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 3,034
ISP
BSNL Broadband
Hi to all !
I have just got a new BSNL broadband connection,I opted for Speed combo 2799 plan,hoipng to get atleast 6-7 Mbps speed. But I am only getting 1 Mbps ! Connection became active 2-3 days back only but still there is no improvement in speed.Following are my line attenuation,SNR range etc.
downstream upstream
SNR margin 1.4 5 db
Line atten. 55.3 47.6 db
Data rate 4458 103 kbps
Please guide me ,what complaint should I make to the BSNL guys ?

I took this plan for about a month and after a lot of running around, I got 7.3Mbs for about two days. then it fell back to 3.3Mbps which is the plan I was originally on. I ran from office to data center to JE etc... then rolled back to the 4Mbps plan... not worth fighting the system and losing my money....

i think your downstream seems to be low...are u using the bsnl or your own modem.......try to reset the modem config then give it a try i will say.. because u must get at least get 7 or more mbps in this plan..

rsatbf said:
I took this plan for about a month and after a lot of running around, I got 7.3Mbs for about two days. then it fell back to 3.3Mbps which is the plan I was originally on. I ran from office to data center to JE etc... then rolled back to the 4Mbps plan... not worth fighting the system and losing my money....
If that is the case,then I think I ll give it a try and if nothing works,,I too will take another plan :sad: Thanks for your reply.

vj_0987 said:
i think your downstream seems to be low...are u using the bsnl or your own modem.......try to reset the modem config then give it a try i will say.. because u must get at least get 7 or more mbps in this plan..
Hi,I am using BSNL provided Modem only..I will ask BSNL guys to increase the downstream..then see what they have to say.

Your line is very very poor. No way can this support even 4mbps

SNR, Attenuation, downstream data rate are the culprits. Better talk to someone knowledgeable at exchange.

Osama said:
downstream upstream
SNR margin 1.4 5 db
Line atten. 55.3 47.6 db
Data rate 4458 103 kbps
Please guide me ,what complaint should I make to the BSNL guys ?
Extremely pathetic stats. Downstream SNR margin 1.4 db? WTF?
How much is the distance between your modem and the local exchange? Get your entire line changed along with the copper pair.

You need atleast 7db to get stable connection ( Btw , how is your connection , is it stable ?)Also you should ask BSNL guys as suggested by other members to increase DATA rate to 9000kbps.Line attenuation is really high! It should be below 20 in both down and upstream.