Porting from Reliance GSM to Tata CDMA

aviral sangal

Senior
ISP
Tikona
Today I have started the process to port from reliance GSM to Tata cdma. But my March has already come to a screeching halt. I am not getting my UPC code from reliance. I have already tried twice. Port 9958XXXXXX to 1900.

Go the Reliance store and tell them to give you UPC.

They gave me when i chatted online with them. Then confirmed by calling customer care. So i am hopefully safe. The guy at the tata store was very helpful. He suggested me to take the lowest plan at the moment without any security because in case reliance reject my request so i my security is not blocked for 60days.

aviral sangal said:
Today I have started the process to port from reliance GSM to Tata cdma. But my March has already come to a screeching halt. I am not getting my UPC code from reliance. I have already tried twice. Port 9958XXXXXX to 1900.
Dear Customer,

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. This is to inform you that your concern has been noted. Please provide us your contact details such as Full name, mobile no., and the type of Inconvenience you are facing, so that we are able reach you. Our team is eager to help you.

Regards,

RCOMcare

BOT Bullshit .
Normally UPC should come to you within 5 Minutes of request, as the process is supposed to be automatic
But seems TRAI is getting little flexible and few operators do not give the UPC easily on request.
Sharing your contact details will only make you MAD as they would keep giving you canned answers, and offers to make
you continue your number with the existing operator and make your life as miserable as it could be.

RCOMcare said:
Dear Customer,

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. This is to inform you that your concern has been noted. Please provide us your contact details such as Full name, mobile no., and the type of Inconvenience you are facing, so that we are able reach you. Our team is eager to help you.

Regards,

RCOMcare
SHOOOOOOOO
You are now chatting with sukhdev
(20:37) Aviral: hello
(20:37) sukhdev: Good Evening! Aviral, Let me reconfirm your number is 9958xxxxxx?
(20:37) Aviral: please tell me the mnp status
(20:37) Aviral: yes thats correct
(20:39) sukhdev: As per our system port request has registered on 26 /8/13 .
(20:39) sukhdev: It is in process.
(20:39) sukhdev: Within 6 to 7 days number will port.
(20:40) Aviral: okay
(20:40) Aviral: i want to make it clear to you that i do not wish to be retained by reliance
(20:41) Aviral: and i want my number to be port to tata
(20:41) Aviral: DO NOT retain me
(20:42) sukhdev: I am not retain you right now.
(20:42) sukhdev: Your number will port out.
(20:43) Aviral: thank you
(20:43) sukhdev: You are welcome.
(20:43) sukhdev: Is there anything else I may assist you with?
(20:44) Aviral: no thank you

porting happened last night. But its just the beginning of the miseries tata bought upon me.
1st. Not even a single person from tata informed me what i need to do when my number is ported. I could even contact customer care. To the back of my mind i had a number *228 for activation. Dialed that and it said number activated.
2. But it took almost 3 hrs for activation. Now i can call only customer care outgoing and incoming calls are still not activated. Why?
3. CC says i need to dial 59059 for tele verification. When i dial that number i get this facility is not available on your number contact CC.
4. Contacted CC again but same reply dial that number and that a$$hole says that this number works from 8am to 10pm. Are you kidding me? Why the hell my number has to remain out of service for almost 10hrs (if activated at 8am)
5. This is violation of TRAI guidelines which states number will not be functional for a period of not more than 30 mins.
Any idea what i can do

Sad to see you suffering from such pain,
but who on earth suggested you to port to TATA ????
Must be some very very sound reason for this port for sure, don't take personally but
You ported from GSM (wider available handsets and operators) to a technology which is hard to be kept alive.