• Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 2,437

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
I remember someone here talked about some mini device that connects to the router and works as a torrent download device.
I want some recommendations. Something that can connect to VPN on its own would also be nice.
My router's original firmware had an internal torrent client I think. But I replaced it with DD-WRT so that's gone.

PogoPlug. Manu has posted a review somewhere.Also, you can install transmission on dd wrt, not worth it though.

Upvote 0
so back to this... any recommendations? or i should find a way to get my hands on a pogoplug?

Upvote 0
Pogoplug is good. Assuming you are comfortable with using Archlinux in command line. Working great for me since about 2 years now.

Upvote 0
so no dedicated device built for this purpose that works out of the box? my buffalo router came with torrent support i believe. i never used it before. i am currently using dd-wrt based firmware on it and now i do not see any torrent specific section in it. would prefer a dedicated device. i can of course follow a guide and type in the commands on linux terminal if that's what is needed. 😕 pogoplug does not seem to have wireless support. but then i guess these devices are not supposed to work wirelessly.

Upvote 0
Its not meant to be a torrent downloader etc. Out of the box, it is only used to share your HDD on the cloud using their bloatware. Installing linux is all unofficial.

Upvote 0
Yes I get that. So you basically enable SSH on the device and replace the OS on the device? Or it already has linux so you install transmission on it?

Upvote 0