100mbps Internet In Japan!

• Thread starter Thread starter Amuthan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 6,980
AH'shush hush :lol:

I converted the amounts. They are giving 100 Mbps for just Rs.1367I wish I was in japan now...And we are made such AHs by paying Rs.900 for 256kbps connectionAtleast they should provide us with a 2 Mbps Unlimited connection for this price...

gb_baran, we're paying 400 times more than the Japanese! Just imagine how the ISPs are ripping us off! 😱

QUOTE(max @ Dec 11 2006, 03:54 PM) [snapback]70662[/snapback]
gb_baran, we're paying 400 times more than the Japanese! Just imagine how the ISPs are ripping us off! 😱
[/b]

Freaking AH thay are man that is why india never develops in anthing

Can't they just reduce the prices even if they are not offering us faster speeds?

Dont compare japan to india? Ever heard of hops? Japan is such a small country, the distance between the ISP and the customer is very less compared to india, they can even give 500 Mbps 😛, wimax might just change things :mellow:

as of now, the least i can ask for is a 1 or 2 mbps unlimited conn....we pay around Rs. 590 + 80 + serv.tax for a 256 kbps mtnl "nu" plan!

Well the discussion is getting hot.. N I don't wanna blame the private ISP's in India. They r willing to provide us with even 100Mbps bandwidth like our tech said in a previous post! The problem is the POLITICAL AH's. Those guys will never let India improve. The problem is TRAI n BSNL. Its been a rule that whatever BSNL does first only then can other ISP's provide them and that too with a million conditions. This is a difference in other developed countries, they r working to bring their country technically sound. This also has a serious impact on the economy. While many indian villages lack electricity, food, water and shelter, we city ppl sit at the comfort of our house n brag about kbps Internet! 🙁 [No Flaming plz..]But as consumers we have the right to ask more and the govt. is liable to provide us what we require. Things will change only if politics improve n only if the govt. agencies like TRAI relax some rules for private ISP's and Cable Networks. I'm imagining an India with FTTH Tier - 1 networks to the last mile offering speeds of 1Gbps for as low as Rs.1000 with 90% uptime guarantee. I guess T-1 is just a dream even for our Great Great Great Grandchildren. While Americans at that time will have 100 Tbps last mile connections, we'll be satisified with our 10Mbps connection! 😛Sorry, but I never wanna degrade our own country. But that's wht is happening in our country now! I'm as patriotic as anyone in our country but patriotism is different from the true fact!! 🙁