Patanjali & Baba Ramdev

• Thread starter Thread starter SVK
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 673
  • Views Views 86,330
  • Tags Tags
    scamdev
Ok. How does one identify a person who is truely honest and not politically motivated?Shud one really trust media and believe whatever they say?Everybody agrees there is huge corruption. You need to put faith in one and let him do what he tells to be doing. Atleast let him try when he begins. Give him support. If his real intentions are not so, you will anyway get the clear picture in 5-10yrs. "Waise bhi kaha desh ki halat achhi hain?"

Congress has shot themselves in the foot with yesterday's act. I am no supporter of Ramdev or his fast for / against corruption, however, purely from a political standpoint, Congress had pushed Ramdev to the backfoot by making public his secret deal with the govt., thereby diltuing the intent of his fast. They really didn't need to take the action they took, things would have fallen into place for them automatically.The fact that this time the media has been presenting contradicting stories is proof enough that there are some vested interests involved. If there were none, all would have sung the same tune

Government is acting panicky perhaps because it's seeing a diminished chance of returning to power in next elections. But by doing so, it's only making that chance into certainty..Just gave away a big stick to all type of political opponent to beat it with this fool hardy act.. And when it's a question of people's right to protest in a democracy, all motley group of diverse stands will come together..Baba Ramdev or No Baba Ramdev..

Ok. How does one identify a person who is truely honest and not politically motivated?

Shud one really trust media and believe whatever they say?

Everybody agrees there is huge corruption. You need to put faith in one and let him do what he tells to be doing. Atleast let him try when he begins. Give him support. If his real intentions are not so, you will anyway get the clear picture in 5-10yrs. "Waise bhi kaha halat desh ki halat achhi hain?"

eggjactly.

there has been nobody doing it before ,and when two ppl came ."they" say what are there intentions ??? ppl dont have guts to change and dont want others to change things also.its a shame.😛

This is clear Gov some how wanted to close this issue telling it might be fear of some terror, N that stupid sibal come in press n tell "No 1 was hurt", Police commissioner tell "We did not do lathe charge r our police did not throw stones, but we see in TV police throwing stones" . Section 144 imposed like in times of emergency, Every thing was peace full , Gov spoiled it n imposing Section 144, What this gov is trying f ?

but i feel Ramdev is not associated with politics.. he truely means action against corruption.

I think this is not entirely true. He had made his intentions to launch a party, clear long back. Moreover, the presence of RSS leaders on the stage along with him adds a lot of political weight to what he was doing. Unlike Anna Hazare (who I don't think of highly either) who did not allow any political leader to join his fast, this particular fast smacked of an anti govt. stance more than anything else. Stalwarts like Mayawati and Mulayam Singh coming out in his support doesn't make this thing any cleaner. Only positive that has come out of this is that Advani will live with renewed hope. Congress has done a major blunder acting the way they did. The people who matter (the voter base) are huge followers of Ramdev and would remember this incident when casting their votes the next time.

I (and am sure a lot many) still have a question that Ramdev can do well to answer. Where does he get all that money from? He has riches in excess of the Birlas. All this without selling anything at all. Business houses would give an arm and a leg to find the secret of all that income.

Whatever it is.....Baba Ramdev wants to make a Political entry, or Anna Hazare wants to do that.....both have good intentions for sure.And thrashing someone who is non-violently protesting cant be tolerated. I may be repeating statements made by others earlier.......but, Its a second Jalianwala Bagh for sure.To stop this menace called corruption, we have to ensure that we dont indulge in it. If we cant go out protesting, this is the least we can do.Few over here know what field i am in. I will ensure that whatever work i take up, i will not indulge in corrupt activities, even if that amounts to me losing that work.

To stop this menace called corruption, we have to ensure that we dont indulge in it. If we cant go out protesting, this is the least we can do.

That's a much better approach than sitting and protesting corruption. Unless people who are involved in it stop it themselves, we cannot expect any change to happen. As for me, most of the work I do can't go ahead without feeding some people, so I have to live with it till the system changes.

Thats the attitude that we have to change some how. We have to find ways to go around without feeding them. And then those Property or Car or some other deals we do - some portion in black/some in white, even that has to be avoided.But then for recovering money thats parked abroad, something has to be done. If Govt refuses to budge, then protests are the only way that appear right to me. What say?

Did you know that in the evening the govt and baba ramdev had made a deal and when the media asked baba why he didnt tell us,he said that at the oppurtune time he would.Did you know that the permit was for only 5000 people and 65,000 had assembled with lakhs more comming on sundayDid you know that the babri masjid demolished accused sadhvi and other RSS members had congregated with baba ramdevTHe govt did the right thing but blundered with midnight raid.Only in nazi germany you see police taking you out of your home in night.Also no peace loving baba would want death sentence.One thing i dont like is that they have made a right into a privilege by imposing sec 144.sec 144 is a british era colonial law.I Delhi you can only protest at jantar mantar.

But then for recovering money thats parked abroad, something has to be done. If Govt refuses to budge, then protests are the only way that appear right to me. What say?

I think a misconception that has been created is that any money in banks abroad is black money. From my understanding of these things, any undeclared money anywhere is black money. It isn't like there is no black money within the country at all. Therefore just isolating one case and generalising it to be the main issue isn't entirely correct. I am sure a lot of people out there who were part of the protest have no clue what constitutes black money and what doesn't.

^did he not say to stop printing 500 and 1000 rs notes??? he did, he is against black money anywhere. i dont give a damn if he wants to run into election and has political motives ,even if he has whats wrong in it ?? coming into politics to clean the system is bad???

That is the whole problem. People start thinking negative. They think politics is only for guys with bad intention. Anybody trying to enter in politics has bad intention.In my opinion fast is the best way to protest. Because it harms noone.And when 65000 people meet for fasting. It clearly means that who the people are favoring.

@warthog , 5000 ppl permit ?? who are u kidding bro, everybody knows that ramdev has many many followers and thousands will attend this protest , and btw it was a protest from the start IT WAS NEVER A YOGA SHIVIR EVER ,even if its true that govt gave 5000 ppl permit , dont u think its a govt conspiracy to give only 5000 ppl permit to block his intentions???and u say on this basis whatever govt. did was right??? wow.then we ppl in this country deserve these corroupt politician and being their slaves forever😛we are so much corrupt inside ourselves, thats why we have and deserve these corrupt politicians .100 me se 99 baimaan phir bhi mera bharat mahaan (sabse neeche se).😛