Mtnl line quality and downstream / upstream

ISP
MTNL
Can someone tell me, is my downstream and upstream ok ?
Downstream Upstream
SNR Margin​
:​
44.0 11.0 db
Line Attenuation​
40.5 24.5 db
Data Rate​
864 864 kbps
Attainable Rate​
10592 1192 kbps
POWER​
15.5 12.0 dbm
CRC​
0 195
Also, i am suffering from bad line quality C grade in speedtest.net and the main problem is speedtest taking long time to complete test and upload stuttering and taking long tym and ping sometime 12/14/18 and sometime 52/42 ?
And which modulation should i use, i am currently using G.dmt and annex/a , i m just 2 km far away from mtnl exchange

You have a line problem. You should have any CRC errors also even though Dwn snr is nice, but wrt the Attenuation is seems poor as both are close also your Upstream is poor. If it goes < 10you will start getting DC.
1) Do you have parallel tel connection.
2) Do you have any line noise in your tel instrument?

socrates said:
You have a line problem. You should have any CRC errors also even though Dwn snr is nice, but wrt the Attenuation is seems poor as both are close also your Upstream is poor. If it goes < 10you will start getting DC.
1) Do you have parallel tel connection.
2) Do you have any line noise in your tel instrument?
What is CRC error ? and my telephone line is awesome no noise simply awesome !

Hey guys for that past few weeks getting really bad download. Is my snr ok??
Downstream Upstream
SNR Margin​
16.5 12.0 db
Line Attenuation​
61.5 31.5 db
Data Rate​
576 512 kbps
Attainable Rate​
2080 1036 kbps
POWER​
14.5 0.0 dbm
CRC​
38116 2416

^ Downstream line attenuation is very high. There's lot of resistance in your line. Do you know the approximate distance between your modem and the exchange? Get your line checked.

iChaitanya said:
^ Downstream line attenuation is very high. There's lot of resistance in your line. Do you know the approximate distance between your modem and the exchange? Get your line checked.
3.6 kms from my place is the MTNL exchange

Even my loop length is the same, but my downstream attenuation is 33 and SNR margin is 25. Your line is faulty. Get it changed.

iChaitanya said:
Even my loop length is the same, but my downstream attenuation is 33 and SNR margin is 25. Your line is faulty. Get it changed.
Thank you for the info. Could you please suggest how to approach for a line change as MTNL executives are totally insane.
latest screenshot
Downstream Upstream
SNR Margin​
18.5 12.0 db
Line Attenuation​
61.0 31.5 db
Data Rate​
576 512 kbps
Attainable Rate​
1248 980 kbps
POWER​
15.5 9.0 dbm
CRC​
777 1

Well, just lodge a complaint on 198 (or is it 1504 for MTNL?) and when they call back, tell them that your line is unstable and needs to be changed. It'll be better if you visit the exchange and speak directly to the SDO over there.

My modem rates now changed and are as follow :-

Downstream Upstream
SNR Margin​
36.9 13.7 db
Line Attenuation​
34.0 25.0 db
Data Rate​
864 861 kbps

Are these rates ok to get stable speed specially upload speed ?

Yes, looks good. What tariff plan are you using? You aren't going to see more than 600 Kbps download/upload with those data rates/profiles.

iChaitanya said:
Yes, looks good. What tariff plan are you using? You aren't going to see more than 600 Kbps download/upload with those data rates/profiles.
Unlimited 749 ? but can you please tell me why vodafone server on delhi on speedtest.net taking long time to complete results and upload is unstable what should i do and also what does C- "-" mean in speedtest grade ?

Looks like it's 256 Kbps. Then it's fine. Routing to some speedtest.net servers is bad. Try another server.
Neglect the grade. Just make sure you're getting the promised speed.