Sygic & MapmyIndia for Google Android (Free Right Now)

• Thread starter Thread starter manu1991
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 61
  • Views Views 8,329
So think they made some mistake and removed the pricing for the time being.So get the most of it till you get it for free.
The world edition (which i have) has a link to buy it for various regions(its trial for a week is free by the way and has in app purchases for various regions) but the India link says free on google play and directs now to the mapmyindia version on the play store

its notworking proper.

bwahahaha. this app looks like a terrible port from some ancient platform. i could not search for mcdonald's in manesar. had to play with it by searching for manesar.
when i was at mcdonald's manesar, i could not get it to save that place as mcdonald's manesar. the app's ui makes absolutely no sense seriously. but the navigation part is pretty awesome.
way too much info on the screen. voices are better than google. navigation is better than google. local maps are better than google.

I just cannot get used to clicking. Waiting for a new blank screen to appear. To type something.
It supports Google Local search but that failed to work for me on the road. 🙁

I still prefer Google Maps over this app. Finding and setting up your destination is faster on GMaps.
That's absolutely right. I use Sygic only for long journeys.

I guess it is easier to find a different city than a restaurant in your own city! Mahindra XUV500 comes with the same navigation system right? Never liked it really.

I have to say that UI is not good, but is better than previous versions. I've lost all my offline storage, Locations that i had saved. New installation won't work properly.

This is very buggy. Loading takes quite a lot of time. UI is slow. Although i like the off line map , still downloading one single map/region is very painful. Dont know whether Sygic server can handle this new stream of users trying to download the maps.
apart from these , the 3d landmarks are quite beautiful.

i get a blurred image on my gingerbread. there is some problem with the free sygic.

is there any map downloader for this version ??? i want to download map to my pc and then moved to mobile???
version is 13.1.5

go to my sygic in your sygic menu to download maps. online map downloader wont have mmi maps.

IndianMascot said:
Nope its RTO which officially supplies data to all map service based on the input received from GPS of various radio cabs plying across the city.
how sure are you about this? People never use some roads with GPS, Infact, no one uses GPS in village sides, yet there are accurate maps for villages in India too. 😕