• Replies Replies 34
  • Views Views 4,236

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Looks like mine has gone bad enough to make the phone unusuable on outstation trips.

I actually had to keep the phone in airplane mode to be able to use it when I actually needed it 😱

Loads of listings on eBay.

Upvote 0
Is your phone brightness always at 'Automatic' or at a certain level of brightness?
I would suggest you to keep it at 2 - 3% indoors and switch to Automatic outdoors. Helps save a lot of battery.
After 4.3 update, the 'E' sign doesn't go off even when we are in a call, it continuously tries to connect, I feel that this also uses a lot of battery.

Upvote 0
I would love to go for the larger battery but there are two issues.

[*]It would render the dock I paid for useless.
[*]I want to sell this device once Moto X or some other phone becomes accessible to me so I would prefer to get an original unit for the sale.
[/list]

Upvote 0
By that image you posted, it's either awake or you were using it all the time
Use BetterBatteryStats to see what is keeping your phone awake
Also 3G uses a sh*tload of battery

Upvote 0
Well yeah. I was on roaming and had 3G enabled during the time I used it.
The screenshot is just a preview of what actually happened. I am guessing 3G on roaming could be blamed. But what I need here is just a link to original Samsung battery for this model so that I can have something nice to offer when I put it on sale later this year.

Upvote 0
androidfreak said:
3. You don't want to carry a 'Lifebuoy Soap' in your pocket.
I would not mind it actually if it allows me to use the phone continuously when I am out 🙂 The phone stays in a hideous protective case all the time so the beauty of the device is not of any concern to me 😀 usability is.
---
arey bhai. that screenshot was just something i shared on google+ while i was out of town. i kept the phone in airplane mode when i started from kufri earlier today. turned it off few times during the journey to check twitter and forum. and by the time i reached home, i had barely managed to keep it on. 🙂
i am not looking for battery optimization tips here really. i do not want to change my usage pattern. i just want a link to original samsung battery for this phone which i can use for a month or two before selling the phone along with the two batteries to anyone interested. 🙂

Upvote 0
thanks. 100% original battery 😀 i love the terminology.
Rs. 750 and Rs. 1175 😱
How do I know if the cheaper one is indeed original 😱

Upvote 0
They are oem. They buy in bulk. So the price varies depends the seller. The second seller offers 6 months warranty which is a standard term for any batteryaccessory
Both are original, both sellers have high ratings. If you gonna sell the phone. Go for 750 & save 400 or go for 1,200 if you want 6 months warranty ...

Upvote 0