Stay away from ACT, Jayanagar 4th T Block, ACT is shameless.

• Thread starter Thread starter pier39lab
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 14,921

pier39lab

ISP
Airtel & Act Broadband
To whom it may concern,
I've been using ACT for a long time, it started off well, kept me happy for a few months and then ACT got shameless and they just don't care about anything anymore. You are doing an atrocious job.
So I'm putting it out for people to warn that you SHOULD stay away from ACT, trust me, they just don't care whatever you do. You don't pay, they don't care, you shout on the phone, they don't care, you are nice to them, they don't care. So yea, looks like they made of customers and are stealing their money anyway thus the shamelessness.

Please think upteen times before you call them and say you want a connection.
We have 3 connections alone running in my house, these are the phone numbers registered1. 974036895x2. 953804999x3. 990091029xI've been having serious problems with the internet, we all use it often and there are disconnections every other alternate day, No kidding. Nobody, I repeat, NOBODY attends to us. What is your problem really in this area? Why don't the technicians attend ASAP? They take days to come and fix a problem when you call, and then the next day, it disconnects and then nobody hears you out.
I've been thinking, you should remove the "GOOD" testimonials off your website and replace them with what we write here.
I still have Airtel running in my house, I'm glad this has been my backup, now if you guys don't attend/call me the moment you read this mail, I'm going to have this connection disconnected since it's been really useless for me. I can't keep paying for services that aren't attended.I'm not going to pay the month's bill because, I see that that's the only way I get get your attention and have you called.
Shame on you, ACT.

There is no need to create a separate topic about the same issue. You can post all your issues in a single thread.

[color=#000000;]Hello,

We are extremely sorry for the inconvenience. We will make sure the problem is resolved at the earliest. Thanks for providing us your contact number and we will get back to you ASAP.

Regards,
ACT Broadband[/size][/color]

Phew, after all the trouble that I had to deal with, ACT is finally "trying" to address frequent disconnection issues by bringing in a new connection box and sticking it to a wall such that the fibers don't rip from an unprofessional setup. The old box containing a fiber optic device and a battery is literally thrown around under a water tank and inviting the bugs and squirrels to build their nest and do their thing. I guess the rain water also seeped in easy.
The new job is not completed yet, I haven't seen those guys in a day, they promised they'd arrive soon. But it does appear like it's going to be in a much better form and shape.
Who knows, I'm going to wait and watch what happens after the job is completed.

I want ACT Broadband connection.I stay in Jayanagar 4th T Block.Please share the contact Number of ACT in this area

Do you have ACT Broadband service in Kathriguppe(Banashankari 3 rd stage) area, if have please share the contact details

Sunil said:
I want ACT Broadband connection.I stay in Jayanagar 4th T Block.Please share the contact Number of ACT in this area
Hello,
Thanks for showing your interest in ACT Broadband. Kindly share your complete postal address along with your contact no. so that our team can contact you after checking the feasibility of our services in your area.
Regards,
ACT Broadband
Mahi said:
Do you have ACT Broadband service in Kathriguppe(Banashankari 3 rd stage) area, if have please share the contact details
Hello,
Thanks for showing your interest in ACT Broadband. Kindly share your complete postal address along with your contact no. so that our team can contact you after checking the feasibility of our services in your area.
Regards,
ACT Broadband

Sunil said:
Thanks for the Quick Reply.My Contact Number is 9663313682.I stay at 26th Main,Jayanagar 4TH T BLOCK
Hello Sunil,
Thanks for sharing your details with us. Our team will contact you shortly.
Regards,
ACT Broadband

Posting this using my backup BSNL connection
I would like to inform the pathetic service level of ACT Broadband in my area again. I had posted on this forum 3 days ago that my internet was down in less than 8 days since I took a new connection by surendering my YOU Broadband connection since I was facing issues of connectivity outage once in 2 weeks. The ACT team took 24 hours to identify the problem as a Fibre cut and rectify it. While making the sale to me, I was informed they provide superior connectivity with no outages, etc. I work from home and any internet outage for me is unproductive and affects my work.
Today since 5 PM, there is another outage and I have raised a complaint bearing number 0001495902 and have been informed by the call center executive that they are unable to ping the server in our area and hence there must be a fiber cut. I called the Nodal Officer and complained to him about the 2nd outage in 3 days and as usual you get the same response of 'apologize for the incovenience' and this statement seems to be so abused by the ACT Team. When I asked the Nodal Officer, whose name unfortunately I did not register clearly, why they commit to superior connectivity with no outages, he has the audacity to inform me that we do not make claims we cannot deliver, etc. and then since I was pushing them for an answer, he conveniently states that he is not able to hear me and the phone gets disconnected.
My advice to fellow residents of Jayanagar 4th T Block, where I reside, and other localities in Bangalore is to be very cautious of the claims being made by ACT. They do not seem to be bothered about the customer service once a sale has been made. Now when I reflect back, it looks like YOU Broadband was a better option since the outage was not this frequent and resolution usually happened in a couple of hours at most. Even BSNL provides continuous connectivity with the only issue with them being at slower speeds upto 4 MBPS. I intend to monitor the performance of ACT for a couple of weeks before I decide on taking up the matter with the Consumer Court to ensure that they do not continue cheating future customers with their false promises and compensate the current customers for the problems faced. Is ACT willing to charge us pro rata for the number of days their connection was up and running instead of the fixed montly charge? If we are not utilizing the internet for a few days in a month due to their outage, why are we expected to pay charges for the whole month?
I request some one from the Management Team to revert to my post here if you truly are a customer service oriented organization on what will be undertaken to ensure we are not inconvenienced this way. I do not want to see a standard reply which states the below.
[color=#ff0000;]Hello Adarsh,[/color]
[color=#ff0000;]We are extremely sorry for the inconvenience. Thanks for sharing your issue and other details with us. We will forward your complaint to the concerned team and they will get in touch with you ASAP. We assure you that your issue will get resolved at the earliest.[/color]
[color=#ff0000;]Regards,[/color]
[color=#ff0000;]ACT Broadband[/color]

It has been 2 days now and there is no update from ACT on when the connectivity will be restored. I have called the call center a few times and I hear the same story everytime, they are working on it. This is pathetic and ACT should walk away from this line of business. Claiming superior speeds through fibre and then not being able to follow through with connectivity is cheating customers by false marketing and promotions.
No one from the ACT Team has even bothered to reply to my posts here. The Management Team at ACT seem to be totally unprofessional and runing one of those fly by night schemes!