Videocon announces HD DVR with 1000GB Hard Drive

• Thread starter Thread starter Navjot Singh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 8,181
Rs. 8250 for this box !
That's absurd

Sound attenuation in Videocon d2h’s 1000GB STBVideocon D2H’s 1000GB DVR is as bad as its 500GB DVR. They only promise High Definition Digital sound in their advertisements. The fact is that there has been no upgrade in quality in their new 1000GB DVR’s. There is serious sound attenuation issue in some channels. I have noticed this issue in channels across genres including sports, GEC, news etc. The sound is still as bad as compared to the 500GB DVR’s sound quality. Also, there is no connectivity through the HDMI ports. They must invest in R&D and improve their quality before launching an upgrade.

narshiv said:
Sound attenuation in Videocon d2h’s 1000GB STB
Videocon D2H’s 1000GB DVR is as bad as its 500GB DVR. They only promise High Definition Digital sound in their advertisements. The fact is that there has been no upgrade in quality in their new 1000GB DVR’s. There is serious sound attenuation issue in some channels. I have noticed this issue in channels across genres including sports, GEC, news etc. The sound is still as bad as compared to the 500GB DVR’s sound quality. Also, there is no connectivity through the HDMI ports. They must invest in R&D and improve their quality before launching an upgrade.
Yes.. & all this on a upgrade that was delayed indefinitely
What do you mean by 'no connectivity through HDMI Ports ?

I recently complained about DVR software issued and the engineer showed up with a flash drive to update the firmware.
He first checked my current firmware (v.19) and updated it to the latest version (v.46)
It seems more stable than before, but this is still an early impression. I'll report back in a few days to whether they've fixed all the glitches from the previous firmware I was running on.

Well, that's good news. How did you check the versionCan you please explain the stepsWell, that's good news. How did you check the versionCan you please explain the steps