• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 5,709
Status
Not open for further replies.

NewUsername

ISP
BSNL
Is this normal? According to the technician it certainly is but is it the same for everyone else using the 2 MBPS (512 KBPS post FUP) Tata Docomo Broadband plan?

Most technician in india are dumb! They lie everytime ! Majority of so called " Techicians" don't even know what is PING !
Please post line stats by logging into 192.168.1.1 or whatever the ip you have.

Downstream Upstream
SNR Margin
:
22.9 9.5 db
Line Attenuation
:
7.5 1.5 db
Data Rate
:
2048 1018 kbps
Attainable Rate
:
12720 1056 kbps
CRC
:
0 53

Is it good?

Line is OK. Your downstream is synced at 2048kbps. Sadly. You'll have a tough time explaining that to tata. Should be around 2300kbps to account for overhead.

1.6 is normal on 2mbps line coz the sync is set at 2mbps. it will hardly go above 1.7-1.75 .

kickass said:
1.6 is normal on 2mbps line coz the sync is set at 2mbps. it will hardly go above 1.7-1.75 .
Damn. Does this mean that after I across the FUP, the speed would be similary lesser than 512 kbps?

wHAT x720 and kickass said is 100% true. Ask them to increase your sync rate. Hope there is no hot headed dude who does the change.
They are not obliged to increase your downstream sync rate as they are still giving 80% of the promised speed according to TRAI.

NewUsername said:
Does this mean that after I across the FUP, the speed would be similary lesser than 512 kbps?
No. You'll get full 512 Kbps post-FUP speed.
Demand an increase in downstream line rate if you want full 2 Mbps download speed.

when u dealing with arrogant fools like the ones at prabhadevi then nothing happens !

Update: I shot off a mail to Tata to increase the downstream line rate. Got a reply from them saying that they will send an engineer to my place to take care of the request. Now I'm wondering how do I explain what needs to be done to the engineer. I'm not sure if would understand all this jargon. Anybody got any advice?

Show me your downstream line rate. Tell him that to get 2mbps you need a certain overhead over 2048kbps. Set it to 2300 or something

I think the best way to test broadband speed is to start 2 or 3 good torrents with lots of seeders and see what maximum speed is reached after about 10 minutes....http testing through various speed test website is never correct as it depends on many factors..........

Status
Not open for further replies.