Dishtv antenna alignment Help

• Thread starter Thread starter amitsan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 56,897
ISP
BSNL
Hi,
I have shifted my house recently & setup the dish antenna by my own.
Now the problem is I can view most of the channels but few are missing.
I have checked the transponders & found two- one horizontal & one vertical is not getting good signal.
Pls help me in aligning my antenna.

The only solution i know of is to tune manually, it normally involves taking a portable / small screen lcd tv + STB to the roof & tuning till the signal strength / quality improves

didn't noticed this .Posting now to help future searchers.

as you are getting most channels already, its best to keep TV near you while fine tuning the Dish Antenna.
Select the missing vertical transponder, and very very slightly adjust the antenna,
For vertical alignment you should be moving antenna vertically.
for horizontal, of course adjust minutely horizontally
one these show up signal levels and strength, check the others and you would find a point where each transponder has signals, Fasten the dish and enjoy.

Thank you madhusudan & ghpk....
I have done some tunning & a bit ajustment & got all transponder except one...
I'll try again & get to get all...

This is great if you are able to do it on your own. When I shifted, I had to pay the installer twice to come and ensure I get all signals. First guy who came told me my LNBs need to be changed. I have 3 dishes on the roof. I sent him away and another guy came, who I was familiar with and he just adjusted and everything was fine and its been one year now.

I had installed 2times before also, but that time there were many other Dishtv antennas for reference.
But this time there was no other Dishtv antenna but airtel & sun direct only.
I have used the Satfinder & other android apps to find the right angle...
There is no rocket science in installing.
Basically you need drill machine, lengthy screws & patience

I renewed my dish HD recently, Kids needed Doremon and cable wala had problems with it,
and found few channels were creating problem due to low signal strength as it was not used in last 10 months.

Tried Day before y'day and all channels gone, got fed up and asked a friend (who deals in DTH), to send someone and charge his fee, he didn't send due to sunday.

Tried aligning the dish again by keeping the 22 inch TV and STB on terrace while I doing alignment on roof top,
it was a mess but learned two things.

1). DO NOT CONNECT TV WITH HDMI while searching satellites, most TV would shut of display without proper video. USE AV cable instead
2). if you have android phone there are many free apps on Playstore to assist you getting a direction, they would not let you fine tune it, but once you know the direction, you can always do hit and trial till its all done.

As it was dark already, couldn't make a video of it, but my dish has all rusted nuts and almost broken LNB Clamp, so I would replace them on next blackout and would try to make a video step by step with no bullshit.

lastly, there's no ladder to roof, I climbed on a chair, one leg on window to shade to a pipe and to the roof, while coming Down first time it was ok.
Second time as soon as I was to jump to terrace, the cement thing I was holding came off and next thing I remember was I landed badly.
Palm landed on Plastic Power strip which has gone bad.

Both ankles were hissing but fine now, only palm is paining a bit.

Wish Dish TV had atleast 1 free alignment on their plans,
but still I can bear that much pain cause I saved Rs.200+ 😛leasantry: