Anyone Know How To Find The Ip Your Router?

• Thread starter Thread starter Calamity
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 3,902
do a ipconfig /all and try one from the following (they may all be the same) the DHCP Server, DNS Server, Default Gateway

I tried that too but no luck. Wierd thing is if I am connected to the net I get a whole lot of active ips in the 192.168.x.x range. If I remember right this range is supposed to be for an internal network right?Could bridged mode be the problem? Does the SmartAX mt800 have an inbuilt firewall?I tried packet sniffing my network and I found something interesting. I found the MAC address of my router. Anyone know how I can convert a MAC address to an ip?

why not hard reset the modem by poking the little hole at the back of the modem with a pin? that should bring it back to 192.168.1.1

try this command arp -aReturns something like this***************Interface: 192.168.1.2 --- 0x2 Internet Address Physical Address Type 192.168.1.254 00-04-ed-42-01-29 dynamic ***************In the above 192.168.1.254 is my modem/router and 192.168.1.2 is my desktopDisconnect the ADSL and then try going to the web interface, bridge mode could be a problem.Yes 192.* is for internal networksRESET is your friend as a last resort

That is probably the solution if I wanted to get back the default config Vishalrao but I am trying to understand what is happening!godwin I tried arp -a but my arp tables are empty. I tried tracert but that did not work either. It is like my router does not exist but then I suppose that is what a bridge is supposed to do. By putting a router in bridged mode it acts like a modem right?Any other ideas. There must be some way to find the address of a router in bridged mode or am I on futile quest?

Sorry mate look at you last post when i woke up was too sleepy to reply.Did you try using "arp -a" as soon as you started your computer or after say 2 or 3 minutes?I tried it at home and I got the arp tables are empty as well, tried after couple of minutes and the tables were present so give it a go.Whats you result on disconnecting the ADSL line and then trying a port scan or arp

Ok now I am truly lost. My arp tables are emptyno matter what I do.I tried to reset my router but it just wont get reset. Held down the reset button for 10 sec. The lighs all came on and went off.Disconnected all the cables except the power cable and tried.Turned off my router and then pushed the reset button.Still nothing.what am I doing wrong?Although my packet sniffing tells me that 192.168.1.1 is sending out an arp request. Any ideas?

Can you clarify your first post ? "not working" ? What do you mean? Could it be your software firewall is blocking?

godwin - what is a Console port?vishal - I still get an unable to find the server error or page not found depending on the browser I use.

do you have a software firewall in your OS? is it windows? linux?try turning off the firewall if you can and see if it makes a difference?edit: if you can, manually set your IP to 192.168.1.2 and gateway to 192.168.1.1 and try again

QUOTE(Calamity @ Dec 1 2006, 02:33 PM) [snapback]69991[/snapback]
godwin - what is a Console port?
Console port - Billion modems have a console port to connect the modem directly to the computer serial port using a special cable

Any luck with Telnet?

[/b]