You Broadband launches 50 mbps plan for Rs 2224

• Thread starter Thread starter Jignesh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 10,892
🙁 You people have Airtel monopoly game and here in Punjab we have -Connect- ! Money suckers like Airtel ! I am glad that i got BSNL !
See you 100mbps in 2100

The YOU 50mbps plans now available in Bangalore and Pune .. Website does not yet reflect this but thats what their CC told me .. The wait still continues for Bombay !!

^^ Please make sure you changes the name to Mumbai, if any sh**s**nik read this they might not allow you boradband to launch 50mbps plan in your area 🙂
You live in mumbai you should know how it works there 🙂

@ gaurang.
even if they come here there is no guarantee their service will be available in a larger area. the local cable operators won't let them enter just like they don't entertain fivenet. they are mroe concerned about margins than providing decent speeds and service to the customer. they know they can charge mroe for a 2mbps plan and another pricing for a 4mbps etc rather than provide 25-50 mbps plans.

kickass said:
@ gaurang.
even if they come here there is no guarantee their service will be available in a larger area. the local cable operators won't let them enter just like they don't entertain fivenet. they are mroe concerned about margins than providing decent speeds and service to the customer. they know they can charge mroe for a 2mbps plan and another pricing for a 4mbps etc rather than provide 25-50 mbps plans.
Hi bro you broadband is already present in most of the areas in Bombay .. Yesterday the CC told me that to access speeds higher than 12mbps we will require a new modem that they have launched .. I also have doubts that these plans will come here because You Transformer was also never launched for this part .. However from this month onwards I am not renewing the YOU Hurricane plan rather im taking the pure 2mbps plan unlimited per month only catch is we have to pay 3 months money as they dont have monthly plans for that .. For me 2mbps unlimited is much better than having a 25gb cap on 12mbps ...

YOU BB is present in Gurgaon, if they start offering them there we might see a price war in Delhi too 😀

@ gaurang.
what speeds do you get.?
what about downtime or disconnections? how long does it last?
u got the connection via the local cable dude?

kickass said:
@ gaurang.
what speeds do you get.?
what about downtime or disconnections? how long does it last?
u got the connection via the local cable dude?
1) Bro been using YOU broadband since August 2011 and till date I have never faced speed issues .. When they say 1mbps I get 1 mbps .. Yes ofcourse while on 12mbps till 25gb it is never consistent at 12mbps but keeps fluctuating between 5-12 which I am happy with .. Now when I change to 2mbps unlimited ill beable to update if I get 2mbps constant or no but will have to wait for another 10 days for that ...
2) Ok I have never faced a downtime of more than 12 hours if I remember correct in these 2 years .. If there has been a downtime of 24 hours and above which I dont think has happened since very long then a simple phone call and they have credited my account with an extra day without a fuss .. What I like about You broadband is that their CC is very good unlike reliance who are like a tape recorder .. Yes at times I have to use few contacts to have their engineers at my place early for rectifying issues ..
3) I got the connection direct from You broadband and not via and cable guy .. the local cablewallah is totally cut off in this and any issues I call YOU CC direct ..

P.S:- I just hope after writing this I dont face downtime or speed issues else ill feel like a fool 😉