• Thread starter Thread starter Jignesh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 10,894

Jignesh

Regulars
ISP
Beam Fiber
You Broadband has launched their 50 mbps plan for Rs 2224 which is even cheap than Beam Fiber.
They have posted this AD in TOI (Hyderabad Edition) yesterday
These plans are only for Hyderabad Circle

So the price war has started in the broadband segment like it did in mobile segment few years back. But its sad that this is only restricted to Hyderabad only

man why the fuck is Hyderabad so connected and not rest of India. I just want to RANT 😛issed-off: 😛issed-off: !

fiberguy said:
man why the f**k is Hyderabad so connected and not rest of India. I just want to RANT 😛issed-off: 😛issed-off: !
+1

fiberguy said:
man why the f**k is Hyderabad so connected and not rest of India. I just want to RANT 😛issed-off: 😛issed-off: !
I feel your pain buddy. This seriously sucks.

People can only rant here. But when opened a thread for dragging airtel to court for monopolistic practices no one even dared to reply there.

fiberguy said:
Seriously man this is so unfair .. Im using YOU broadband exactly for 2 years now and there has been no plan change by them .. Still stuck on 12mbps for 25gb and thereafter 1mbps unlimited .. if they cant give us 50 mbps nevermind atleast give us 12 mbps for 50gb ... The FUP of 6mbps also rules for hyderabadis .. Congrats to them !!!!

aviral sangal said:
People can only rant here. But when opened a thread for dragging airtel to court for monopolistic practices no one even dared to reply there.
@x720 pretty much answered whatever there is to say. To quote him

x720 said:
Regarding speed capping, it is their network. They can do whatever they like as long as it doesn't violate their own ToS, I guess.
I did whatever I could do myself, and that is kick them out by voting with my wallet.

I did whatever I could do myself, and that is kick them out by voting with my wallet.
Network is pan India. Why do they cap their broadband speed in whole India except hyderabad? They can't hide by saying we are saving our network. It's just competition. I will also like to mention, at the beginning of price war in mobile segment airtel was quick to release a statement that we will never offer 1p/s stating absurd reasons. But then their arse was kicked and they were forced to bring in 1p/s calling because of competition.

Well, even BSNL does it (lower prices in Hyderabad), so not sure if they would be willing to take action.

In the recent past you must have seen so many cases being decided in favour of consumer. Those cases were against airtel or Vodafone. The last case I can recall was against Vodafone for not stopping spam calls n SMS. That person was awarded hefty compensation. We do not want compensation, we just want unbiased behaviour.

fiberguy said:
Because other ISPs are probably paid not to launch their services in other areas, otherwise ISPs like Airtel and MTNL would be out of the game, or would atleast make less profit