Reliance Broadband Thunder Plan not working for more than 15 days at Alandur, Chennai

• Thread starter Thread starter vester
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 3,107
Status
Not open for further replies.
ISP
Reliance Broadband
Hi All,
Started using Reliance after being fed up with Airtel Broadband :nono: for almost nine months now. Sadly, Reliance stopped working on 29th June & is down till date. There were some downtime for couple of days on early June as well.
When called up Customer Care, the worst you can talk to, pathetic responses which wont take you anywhere. I wonder how these guys are hired to do the job, were they being monitored at all? service team has no stringent timelines??
Managed to talk to a local guy who is refusing to give any technicians number & is saying "your issue will be solved today !" anyday you call him.
I read a post who said it didn't work for him for 75 days... that's way more PATIENCE which i don't have !
Anyone else from Chennai Alandur facing such issues? i need to know if its just happening for me. they are getting into my nerves if i call them, today i happen to talk to customer care & the guy on the other end says "I'm sorry for the inconvenience, Our system is slow. can you call after 10 minutes?"
One of those worst days :numbness: , sad you don't have a reliable service in our country, I wish only if BSNL comes up with such competitive plans as they are way expensive compared to competitors.
People who cant afford downtime are doomed here 😛issed-off:

Looks like no one from my neighborhood here.Anyways, wanted to update it here for fellow readers. Day- 24, connection still in disconnected state.No callback or visits from the service team. Stopped calling customer care after submitting Termination req on day 20 for disconnection.Dropped an email with details to customer care & appellate authority for my ref. The call center guys change reports logged in, no idea how they do this. They close complaint saying issue resolved & and I have confirmed my service which is so wrong to do. Some comments I want to leave here...Pros- reliance offers thunder plans at very competing price in comparison to other players- no complication, just one cable to plug in your router or PC-used to get amazing speeds at start (opted for 999 + taxes, 12mbps plan)-they do have best in class equipment s & infraCons- if the connection is shared through router(multiple use) will face freq drop in connection- frequent disconnections post 4 months of usage- each time resolving takes more than 2 days even to fix a minor issue, if u r unlucky its even more- waiver request- their processing is so crappy that no one will be eligible to apply for it (doesn't work for consumer as it should be)- attitude of customer care & service team is very poor, it's so poor that mentioned pros would mean nothing to youHave read so many billing discrepancies in the forum & I guess that's what I will be facing now. Promised a call back for termination confirmation within 48 hrs. None called so far.I hope management looks into all this & trains their service & cc team on how to serve their customers.Go for it at your own risk, or someone you know works at service team.Here's my Subscriber no- 392902194673

Experienced the same in 3+ months of taking Reliance. Thats how short my tenure with Reliance. And good luck in getting money back from them (if excess paid)

Thanks mhsabir ! Haven't paid anything extra yet.
I'm sure I will be getting a bill anytime for the current month where it didnt work for more than 25 days.
My problem is there is no right person to talk to, that the issue could be resolved, so made a complaint, dropped an email & looking forward to ignore them for now like how they are doing.
They havn't confirmed my termination which was raised on 18th of this month.

So, you were not in an advance rental plan?
If yes, lucky you. I was in advance rental plan & not only they had already taken away excess money up front, they continued to send me bills. At the end of it all, I did not get some 100 odd rupees back which I assumed I gave to charity. But to get the excess charges resolved I need to make around 20-30 calls (nodal officers). This is after some 40-50 calls for complaints to customer care. I think I have pasted the dozens of complaint numbers somewhere in the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.