Dish Tv Sucks!

• Thread starter Thread starter aneesh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 7,656

aneesh

Hi Friends,

I am viewing dish tv channels fine. No problem to-date with the service. But signal quality is not great.
My complaint is about their customer service.
I wanted to pay my monthly bill with credit cards. So I have applied for "webaccess" through their website about 2 weeks back. Till date I haven't recieved any user id and password to access the site to pay!
After 5 days I contacted them through their websites contact form and complained about it. But no response yet. After 2 more days I sent an email to them (customerinfo@dishtvindia.com) and explained the problem.
I have given my rediffmail id for the registration. So I thought that maybe a problem of rediffmail which filtered the mails from dishtv as spam. So I requested them 3 times to send my user id and password to another email id. No response yet!

I don't know what those assholes in the customer service centre are doing? They don't even respond to a customer? I contacted them now more than 5 times!
Great service from Indias first and shit DTH providers. :lol:

I suggest everybody to shift to Tata Sky. I heard their signal and picture qualities are great. Nice service also.

NEVER EVER GO FOR DISH TV UNLESS YOU TRAPPED ALREADY.

Good Luck

Aneesh

i am not dish tv subscriber. but i had posted few queries to themlong back. and first time i got answer after 5days.and answer was noway close to my question, it was simplestandard copy-paste of FAQ on their website.so i asked them same question again and also stated that pls readmy questions and pls dont answer what is already on ur website.this time i got reply after 7days. and you guessed it right... it wasagain samething copy-pasted.so now we know dishtv ppl are blind or do not understand english.why dont u try sending mail in hindi. i gave up.

QUOTE(aneeshnr @ Nov 25 2006, 02:11 AM) [snapback]69562[/snapback]
Hi Friends,

I am viewing dish tv channels fine. No problem to-date with the service. But signal quality is not great.
My complaint is about their customer service.
I wanted to pay my monthly bill with credit cards. So I have applied for "webaccess" through their website about 2 weeks back. Till date I haven't recieved any user id and password to access the site to pay!
After 5 days I contacted them through their websites contact form and complained about it. But no response yet. After 2 more days I sent an email to them (customerinfo@dishtvindia.com) and explained the problem.
I have given my rediffmail id for the registration. So I thought that maybe a problem of rediffmail which filtered the mails from dishtv as spam. So I requested them 3 times to send my user id and password to another email id. No response yet!

I don't know what those assholes in the customer service centre are doing? They don't even respond to a customer? I contacted them now more than 5 times!
Great service from Indias first and shit DTH providers. :lol:

I suggest everybody to shift to Tata Sky. I heard their signal and picture qualities are great. Nice service also.

NEVER EVER GO FOR DISH TV UNLESS YOU TRAPPED ALREADY.

Good Luck

Aneesh
[/b]

Same problem here. I will explain what happened to me. I am a DISHTV Customer since 15.04.2004 when the company was running with about 40 Channels only.

This post was sent by me to customerinfo@dishtvindia.com on 12.09.2006, but reply is still awaited.

"Assuring you the best of services. Looking forward to a long and healthy relationship"

Above reply was received from you in reference to my earlier complain dated 30.06.2006 on 07.08.2006.

I think your customer care executive are not in a position to provide the best of service and company is not in a position to maintain a long and healty releation ship with the customers.

Since more than 10 days it was informend to the customers that a software upgadation will take place "Within few days" and customer will be able to enjoy some of the active channels w.e.f 12.09.2006.

Today I was surprised to see that the Sports Active Service have been made available but i was not able to enjoy the service as my STB was not upgraded even today.

In this regard I have sent atleast 5 SMS on 7575 stating that my STB was not upgraded. Furhther just five days ago I talk to one of your customer care executive & it was assured that your model of STB i.e. Zenega CD-1025S shall be upgraded in two days i.e. before 12.09.2006 but till today no upgradation took place.

I again talk today to one of your So called customer Care executive named "Saurav/Saurabh" and reply was that "It will take one month" !

Again at 7:30 I talk to the Customer Care and insited to talk wih the Supervisor as none of the customer care executive was in a position to advice the correct date and time by which my STB will be got upgraded, The telephone was kept on hold for more than 10 minutes but the supervisor did not responded and I was forced to disconnect the call.

Looking to the above, I feel that the DISHTV is not in a position to maintain a long and healty releation ship with the customers.

I will not thank because i am not satisfied with the Service and Response of the Company.

Even today on 24.11.2006 my STB have not been upgraded and there is no any hope that I will able to enjoy South Africa Series on Sports Active.

Last edited by a moderator:
can you/some1 tell me..when u say STB upgrade? do they completely providenew STB or just upgrade firmware? also does that happen automatically via satelliteor some1 comes to place and does that manually? also if something goes wrong infirmware upgrade, can it be repaired immediately or it would require complete STBreplacement?

QUOTE(Amish @ Nov 26 2006, 08:48 AM) [snapback]69622[/snapback]
can you/some1 tell me..when u say STB upgrade? do they completely provide
new STB or just upgrade firmware? also does that happen automatically via satellite
or some1 comes to place and does that manually? also if something goes wrong in
firmware upgrade, can it be repaired immediately or it would require complete STB
replacement?
[/b]

The STB means Set Top Box.

For working of STB a software is being installed in the STB before selling it to the user for enjoying various serivce provided by the Company. Upgradation means upgradation of Software installed in the STB. This is being done through AIR by the company for the user. This software support various adviance service provided by the company like EPG, Active Chanels, Movie on Demand etc.

At present I have got STB brand named Zenega 1025S.

You will observing the intimation given by the company of upgradation of software in some of the boxes on Channel 999.

This can be done by the company itself through AIR i.e. via satellite and neither replacement of box is required nor a company engineer have to visit your place for such upgradation.

The Box are provided with 6 months warranty perid and if some thing goes wrong it can be repaired by the authorised Serive Center without any charge and after that charges have to be born by the consumer. However I think there are very less nos of cases where something goes wrong with the STB. In case of electronic circuit failure this is being now done by the expert elctronic repairer available in the market. Sone of the boxes model initially sold and purchased by the company are till date not providing any truoble. Now this days manufacturing of the STB have also been started in India and sone of the boxes have started trouble with the upgraded software. This have come to my notice from other fellows posting their post on the site.

wow! so detailed explanation!thanks for ur efforts. but wonder why u gave ur number?are u dealer of STB?

yep i know. but what i was thinking is lets say firmware memory/storage is just 100mb and upgrade requires some 120mb. so obviously either u increase STB ram or upgrade STB.also lets say tomorrow there is better compression technology which howeverwould require higher CPU/bus speed to maintain frame rates. so again to usebetter compression technology u again need better STB.so i suppose just like computers get outdated in 4-5yrs STBs would too.

firmwares are issued by the companies making the hardware. they know what they supplied. every hardware would have a limited capability and of course after a while the company would stop supporting the hardware and would offer no future upgrades.of course current generation STBs would support HD and other features which might land in india in the coming years.

QUOTE(Amish @ Nov 26 2006, 09:33 PM) [snapback]69660[/snapback]
wow! so detailed explanation!

thanks for ur efforts. but wonder why u gave ur number?
are u dealer of STB?
[/b]

Please refer my quote as Post 4 dated 25.11.2006

I am DISHTV subscriber since 2004 and since than enjoying the DISHTV serive when only 40 channels were provided. I have experienced shfting of DISHTV from INSAT 4A to NSS6 and total 3-4 upgradation of Software during this time.
However I have edited my post now.

Hi All,

Atlast I got a reply from them after 2 weeks!

Here is the reply mail:
Dear Sir,

Thank you for writing to Dish TV.

This is in reference to your mail.

We would like to request you to mail your concern with your vc no.

Assuring you the best of services. Looking forward to a long and healthy relationship.

Thanks and Regards,

Xxxxxxxx

Customer service
Dish TV
"The future of T.V. entertainment"
[/b]

Please notice, they asking my VC number!
I have mentioned my VC number with ALL of my mails (I hope there are more than 7 mails I sent so far). They stilll asking that.

Let me send it again and I will let you know the reply (maybe another 2 weeks).

Thanks
Aneesh

told u .. dish tv ppl are blind or cant read (but can write) englishOh btw look at their signatureThats a joke of the day!Dish TV"The future of T.V. entertainment"At this rate I can clearly see the future of DishTV. LOL