• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 33,145
Got tired of this app and uninstalled it

Hi Paras
The model details are:-
Beetel, 450TC1
ADSL2+Router

I too got this message, but I have been facing this issue long before iOS 7 got released.
Hope they fix these bugs in the next release of the App.

They have already released a new version which supports iOS7 .. I am using it and it works without any issue ..

@ [font="Cuprum;font-size:19px;color:rgb(90"]redevpramod[/font]
I didnt find the same routers with my friends to experiment with and also i didnt get all your modem's ui( user interface) settings screenshots on net so i cant tell you exactly what is the problem and what to do. but i surely try to help you.
First tell me how your stb is connected to your router by Lan wire or through wifi? and if wifi what kind of wifi? i mean old lan wifi adapter or usb wifi dongle?
[color=rgb(90,90,90);font-family:Cuprum;font-size:19px;]when your box is connected to your router login to your router's UI and check attached devices option and see whether your stb is showing in attached device list( it may be named as Unknown or blank ). if you are not sure box is connected or not, check attached device option with stb attached and stb detached to confirm. identify your stb and through DHCP settings give it fixed ip so it always connect to your router with same LAN ip ( it is not neccessary to do this step but it make sures the same address all the time )[/color]
now check if multicast is enabled in your routers setting(find it it should be somewhere). also check if your router have any option port scan or not if it does then enable port scan(note that some routers have option like disable port scan only so if you have disable port scan option then disable it).
[color=rgb(90,90,90);font-family:Cuprum;font-size:19px;]check if router have any setting name "WMM (Wi-Fi Multimedia) settings" enables it.[/color][color=rgb(90,90,90);font-family:Cuprum;font-size:19px;] [/color]
on your stb goto organiser > system setting > ip diagnostics and see the last entry i.e Tuned service Multicast list weather it is "not available" or have some address like "255.255.255.255" .(note app can work both ways but later is better).

Also note after every time you make changes in routers setting reconnect your stb with router whether required or not to make sure new settings is applied. and restarts app every time.

let me know if this works or not

@others
i never had app crash issue using ios app other than ios7 which they fixed with new app update. and now in updated app you dont have to find stb every time you restarts app. the app may be stored the ip address of your stb thats why in my prev post i tell to give static ip to stb.

Thanks for the detailed post @Paras0710.
But unfortunately its still not working...
Answers to your questions:-
First tell me how your stb is connected to your router by Lan wire or through wifi? and if wifi what kind of wifi? i mean old lan wifi adapter or usb wifi dongle?
--> Router connected using wifi with the new usb wifi dongle.
when your box is connected to your router login to your router's UI and check attached devices option and see whether your stb is showing in attached device list..
--> Don't see any option like 'check attached devices' in the UI of the router...
now check if multicast is enabled in your routers setting
-> It was disabled, I enabled it...
check if router have any setting name "WMM (Wi-Fi Multimedia) settings" enables it.
-> No such setting..
on your stb goto organiser > system setting > ip diagnostics and see the last entry
--> it says Not Available..