• Thread starter Thread starter gb_baran
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 3,448

gb_baran

Regular
ISP
BSNL
Can anyone help me with this problem. I am able to surf with full speeds but when I download I don't get any data. The download starts and does nothing. I have a firewall and I even switched off the whole firewall application, but the problem still persists. I even reinstalled XP and the problem is still there.One thing I noticed is that when I try to download with any download accelerator, the accelerator usually splits the file into parts (say 5 parts). I get data from all the four connections except the first one... resulting in partial download of the file. Can anyone PLEAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEE solve this problem. I am using Firefox 2 with Windows XP, BSNL 256Kbps with Type IV modem(MT841). I am experiencing this problem for more than a week and I miss all those stuff I used to download. I will be really GRATEFUL to the person who solves this.

http://imageshack.us

Pic showing the download starts but nothing happened in firefox and download accelerator downloding the file dividing it into 5 parts. Look at the first connection... Its dead!!!

why do people use download accelerator plus when they can use flashget... btw i love how winzip 11 allows me to check previews of images without unzipping them!

QUOTE(Sushubh @ Nov 22 2006, 03:16 AM) [snapback]69359[/snapback]
why do people use download accelerator plus when they can use flashget... btw i love how winzip 11 allows me to check previews of images without unzipping them!
[/b]

Oh great Subush, I am desperate for a solution and you are giving your opinion about download accelerators and winzip??! :blink: Oh that was a very helpful comment

u are using a software which is generally considered a spyware. and you are downloading a software which i think is pretty cool. 🙂 ok i am not being helpful here but your problem would kinda need more inputs as it is more of a system specific problem.

man i too had the same problem, the solution is simple, just go into the BIOS select LOAD SETUP DEFAULTS and select SAVE AND EXIT . thats it your pc will restart and you will be able to download also

plz help friend see my speed 🤔

i have plan H900+

QUOTE(new guy @ Dec 1 2006, 03:16 PM) [snapback]70021[/snapback]
man i too had the same problem, the solution is simple, just go into the BIOS select LOAD SETUP DEFAULTS and select SAVE AND EXIT . thats it your pc will restart and you will be able to download also
[/b]

I saw that you had the same problem from the other topic. I loaded the setup defaults in the BIOS but nothing seem to work out. Are you sure this is the solution to this problem or is this a problem with the ISP?

Anyway THANKS A LOT for your reply!!!! I'll try that again...

QUOTE(gb_baran @ Dec 3 2006, 11:07 AM) [snapback]70134[/snapback]
I saw that you had the same problem from the other topic. I loaded the setup defaults in the BIOS but nothing seem to work out. Are you sure this is the solution to this problem or is this a problem with the ISP?

Anyway THANKS A LOT for your reply!!!! I'll try that again...
[/b]

why dont you take the modem to your friends home (who has dataone ) and check if your modem works on his/her computer. If it works then its your computer hardware problem.

QUOTE(new guy @ Dec 4 2006, 11:16 PM) [snapback]70229[/snapback]
why dont you take the modem to your friends home (who has dataone ) and check if your modem works on his/her computer. If it works then its your computer hardware problem.
[/b]

I don't have anyone that has a broadband. I tried Load Setup Defaults in the Bios. It seemed to work for the first time and then all of a sudden it went wrong. Again I tried loading setup defaults in the Bios but nothing happened. I still have the same problem... 🙁

QUOTE(gb_baran @ Dec 5 2006, 03:50 PM) [snapback]70281[/snapback]
I don't have anyone that has a broadband. I tried Load Setup Defaults in the Bios. It seemed to work for the first time and then all of a sudden it went wrong. Again I tried loading setup defaults in the Bios but nothing happened. I still have the same problem... 🙁
[/b]

Are u able to browse all sites ? I mean I had a issues where I could browse sites and some were totally giving a timeout ( like hotmail , msn IM etc ) and there was a problem with a setting in my router.
So just wanted to check if you can browse all sites and at a reasonable speed ?

QUOTE(amitdasmarty @ Dec 5 2006, 05:44 PM) [snapback]70292[/snapback]
Are u able to browse all sites ? I mean I had a issues where I could browse sites and some were totally giving a timeout ( like hotmail , msn IM etc ) and there was a problem with a setting in my router.
So just wanted to check if you can browse all sites and at a reasonable speed ?
[/b]

Yes I am able to surf sites at full speeds. But only thing is the first connection does not start when I am trying to download something. You can see from the pics posted above. I already tried setting the modem to its default configuration but nothing helped.

man i m also 900 UL user, i think we r being screwed Up by BSNL, my friend on 500 is getting real gud speeds approaching 2mbps as per plan, but i m getting shitty speeds as low as 6 kbps (Even dialup was faster 🙁 ) .......The internet principle is based on the fact that" NOt all users use internet at same time", i think since our speeds r resrticted to 256 kbps. Thats causing whole trouble, man this is hell!!Our bandwidth is being sacrifised to give 2mbps speeds to other users???WTF!!!