Your Favourite Download Accelerator Program And Why ?

• Thread starter Thread starter srinirao
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 27
  • Views Views 4,783

srinirao

Linuxpert
ISP
BSNL DataOne, Home 500 C Plan
Let's share here about your favourite download accelerator program that you use at home/office. Let's review some of the freewares available. I am on a look out for one such program. But i find they are paid softwares.

flashget.

Thanks for all the replies. It seems that evey body in the forum, likes flashget. I was trying the Download Accelerator Plus(dap) all these days. The free version has advertisements being shown during downloads.But i will also try this flashget now.

well i have been a getright guy all my life. but ever since flashget got free, there has been no reason not to use it.

I use Free Download Manager when in windoze, it gives awesome speeds.When in Linux I use D4X, it a good one with scheduling capabilities , auto mirror search , etc and other goodies.

i liked its interface when i used it. but flashget's integration with firefox and IE is pretty awesome.leechget had one good feature. throttling each download's speed. flashget cant do that... 🙂

Has been Flashget for me. Thankfully though, Vista's browser itself has basic resume capability, for those times when i need to use IE and download via it.

if ure using firefox then down-them-all extension is the best* resume *good integration * nice interface * free

DTA. if you close the window, it pauses the download right? i am using it and i haev to keep the window open all the time. 😕