Accidently Misconfigured..

• Thread starter Thread starter cools
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 1,701

cools

Accidently misconfigured the modem, to disallow accessing services, by which I am not able to access the modem console at http://192.168.1.1/main.html, I am getting page not found error.

Actually , I was configuring IP filtering but accidently in the wrong section under Advanced->Acess Control->IP address, enabled the filtering by which only those IP address mentioned in the list can access my Modem, which I was suppose to restrict.

but the situation now is worst than hell, I had disabled my access to my modem...

Is there any way to reconfigure or reset the settings now....??

easiest solution is to call CC and ask them to reconfigure your modem... they are fairly good about it.

i think you'll need to reset the modem. it can be tricky and difficult but its a sureshot way to get it working properly again. but better do it only if you know how your modem was previously configured. call up the CC and talk to them.

Its quite simple buddy. Jus reset the modem. There is a small reset button at the back. press and hold it down for 60 secs. It would restore back to defaults. You can jus continue working with it after that. It would not reset the vci settings anyways. they are set like defaults. if you got any doubts email me ajayjp @ rediffmail.com. I am quite new to this forum. But I am a L2 Network guy.

are you sure it won't reset those settings?? Because I once reset the modem and the thing got totally screwed and I had to call a CC guy to come and reconfigure it to work.

yes the modems given by the airtel guys those setting would still remain even after a hard reset. Thats what has happened with my modem. I had it reset after I upgraded the firmware and it was still the same. I had doubt tht it would go off. But to my surprise they were still on. Also its quite easy to add those settings if it goes of also. ---- if not am diverting from the topic. I had a question for moderator of this forum. I am not able to message and see any user directly by clickin on their names. Is there some restrictions or some problem

I just upgraded my firmware, and I can confirm that the settings definitely change!!!! Lucky for me, I had backed up my settings in a .conf file, so I had no problems reapplying those settings.

QUOTE(AjayJP @ Nov 20 2006, 01:33 AM) [snapback]69166[/snapback]
yes the modems given by the airtel guys those setting would still remain even after a hard reset. Thats what has happened with my modem. I had it reset after I upgraded the firmware and it was still the same.

I had doubt tht it would go off. But to my surprise they were still on.
Also its quite easy to add those settings if it goes of also.
----
if not am diverting from the topic.
I had a question for moderator of this forum. I am not able to message and see any user directly by clickin on their names. Is there some restrictions or some problem
[/b]

I may be unlucky in this case , the settings are reset and I have to call customer care for their assistance.
Anyways problem is solved for now...

QUOTE(AjayJP @ Nov 20 2006, 01:33 AM) [snapback]69166[/snapback]
yes the modems given by the airtel guys those setting would still remain even after a hard reset. Thats what has happened with my modem. I had it reset after I upgraded the firmware and it was still the same.

I had doubt tht it would go off. But to my surprise they were still on.
Also its quite easy to add those settings if it goes of also.
----
if not am diverting from the topic.
I had a question for moderator of this forum. I am not able to message and see any user directly by clickin on their names. Is there some restrictions or some problem
[/b]
umm if you're a new user you wont be able to PM anybody on this board until you have something like 20-30 messages. BTW Which company do you work for?

QUOTE(max @ Nov 20 2006, 03:22 PM) [snapback]69180[/snapback]
umm if you're a new user you wont be able to PM anybody on this board until you have something like 20-30 messages. BTW Which company do you work for?
[/b]

I was with Linksys India Team. Now am with HCL Comnet