Clean hotels & restaurants in Delhi

• Thread starter Thread starter mabel
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 5,198

mabel

Hi everybody! 🙂Could anybody suggest some clean hotel & restaurant in N. Delhi?I'm off to India at the end of October and I'd like to get around for about 30$ per day.It's my first trip to the land of Kali and I'm quite frightened by the rumors I've heard about! 🙁Any help appreciated!

$30 dollars a day should get you a decent place in New Delhi with no problem.I am waiting for this thread to explode because everyone out there will recommend a favorite place.There are a few main areas in Delhi which most people head torwards. Those being the main shopping district Connaught Place and the heavy tourist area Paharganj (Main Bazaar) across from the main rail station.Connaught Place is higher priced than Main Bazaar, though some higher priced Hotels have opened there also. In both of these areas there are literally dozens and dozens of hotels. Some good, some not.There are other places in Delhi to stay but to make it easier for the first time traveler I would pick a spot in one of these two places. It just makes it easier getting from the airport since most drivers are familiar with both areas, and if you choose to take the bus from the airport it will also drop you off in Connaught Place.I usually stay on or nearby Main Bazaar in Paharganj, just because the value of what you get for your money is better. Since it sounds like you want a safe place with a bit of comfort I will list some of the medium priced hotels that fall within your budget in that area. These hotels picks are based solely are my experience and I have stayed at each of them.For a good reliable hotel you can't beat the Metropolis Tourist Home. It's easy to find, has 24 hour check in and a very good rooftop (though expensive) restaurant. (#7531782) Some rooms are better than others but it is a decent place to stay. They will take reservations and hold them which is important especially if you want a place to stay at three in the morning.Around the corner is the Prince Polonia (#3511930), this is pressing your budget because as a single it will cost a little over $20. For comfort factor though it's great. It is also probably the only place in Main Bazaar that has a rooftop pool. Most rooms have either a good hot shower, or a bathtub. Large size tv, refrigerator, and tons and tons of furniture. I stayed there a week and loved every minute of it. It is hidden around the corner from Metropolis and may take a little bit of looking to find.At the beginning of Main Bazaar there is the Hotel Gold Regency, also a little expensive, but they have a good 24 hour check in. Personally I found the rooms smallish, but the restaurant and cybercafe are both good, and the disco....well....what can I say....Along this same street there are dozens and dozens of hotels that are less exspensive. But you get what you pay for. Some decent places are Hotel Star View, across from the Metropolis. Good decent rooms with hot shower, tv, and good service. Anoop hotel (rooftop terrace) right on main bazaar is also good for the cheapies.Majors Den, back by the Prince Polonia is also good if your on a budget.Down the block Hotel Kelson/Hotel Roxy are ok.Personally I would try one of the top three I listed and then the next day (if you plan to stay in Delhi a few days) walk around and look at hotels and find a place that meets your needs and matches your budget.

30 dollars is sufficient to get a very decent room. You can get pretty good rooms for around 20 dollars as well. I don't know why..but I never enjoyed staying in the Paharganj area. I usually used to go off to North Delhi or Old Delhi. more interesting..but more rundown..you will get good accomodation.........outside delhi it will be like superb...except the toilet maybe...heheh