Poor Service from YOU in Chennai

• Thread starter Thread starter amar_baktha
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 27,237
ISP
You Broadband
I've had the worst experience with YOU broadband service in Chennai. Ive been using YOU broadband for the past six months. Sharing with you the troubles I have faced so far, so that no one has to undergo the same sufferings..
First I opted for a 3 month -10mbps speed, once it reached the download limit of 30Gb the speed was so pathetic, even airtel 2g connection would load a page bit quicker than YOU broadband. Complaints about it went unheard, we normally get a good response from Call centre guys but the backend team(call centre guys calls them so) doesn't even turn up to solve the request.
After this bad experience I went for a 1 month - 12mbps connection speed, I had a good speed initially but then as reported in this forum the speed will go down during day hours and pick up only around night hours. Raising complaints about it didn't fix the issue, but I will receive a message alone from YOU saying "your problem is resolved..." as these guys have to solve the complaint within certain days. So they seem to close the request without even attending it.
Last month was so horrible with YOU. I had a complete outage for 10 days, during which I would call every day to follow up on the request, inspite of my busy days in office. I would have called their call centre guys around 20 - 25 times...everytime i was assured that the issue will be fixed but nothing would happen or no one will turn up. Finally on 11th day of continuous calling the issue was fixed. Now I started calling them to credit those 10 days into my account, they took the request and they closed it without even solving, I again raised two more complaints like that, still they were not ready to credit those days. Then after feeling enough is enough, i asked them to discontinue their services, and that request was resolved immediately.They are ready to loose a customer but not ready to add those 10 days into my account.
I reside in Thiruvanmiyur area of Chennai. Please seriously reconsider if you are opting to choose YOU BB - VERY POOR SERVICE & SPEED IS SLOW DURING DAY HOURS.
Please share your experiences with YOU in Chennai.
Regards,
Amar

Under the 10Mbps plan, your speed falls to 256 kbps after the FUP. Didn't you read that before subscribing ?
I had taken same plan and i know the speed went to 256 kbps.
As of now i am on 1 Mbps UL plan and i get full speeds everytime.

i did read those... they promised a browsing speed of 256kbps but what i was experiencing during that time was only 20kbps browsing speed...
my 2g connection from mobile.. connected through wifi tethering was offering good speed when comapred to YOU...
Glad to see a satisfied customer from YOU-mumbai...

rak007 said:
Under the 10Mbps plan, your speed falls to 256 kbps after the FUP. Didn't you read that before subscribing ?
I had taken same plan and i know the speed went to 256 kbps.
As of now i am on 1 Mbps UL plan and i get full speeds everytime.
same here in Mumbai never faced any speed issues with YOU just yet ...

i did read those... they promised a browsing speed of 256kbps but what i was experiencing during that time was only 20kbps browsing speed...my 2g connection from mobile.. connected through wifi tethering was offering good speed when comapred to YOU...Glad to see a satisfied customer from YOU-mumbai...
I am in no way trying to say you are wrong but I feel you misunderstood here probably. 256 Kbits ps speed gives you actual download speed of theoretical 32 kBytes per second.You might be referring to the Bytes speeds here.

hmm you got me wrong here again... i was mentioning about browsing speed and not download speed....no offence meant...
any reviews from chennai users...just want to make sure i alone didn't face these indifferences...

How do you differentiate between browsing speeds and download speeds ? I would really like to know this.
There is nothing separate i guess. Even when you are browsing any website, you are actually downloading content on the PC using the website right ?
May be can you take a speedtest and paste the results here ?

Took You Broadband Couple of Weeks ago in Thiruvanmiyur (Chennai)
Opted for the 12 Mbps upto 25 GB and then 1 Mbps Unlimited Hurricane Plan.
I do get the promised 12 mbps speed most of the time.Have Experienced Two Downtimes so far.
Will have to wait and watch for the speeds once 25 GB is consumed.

hhahaha.. good joke. I have raised the request since 19th. Every evening I get system generated mesg that the problem has been solved. Atleast you gyus should check whether is is working or not. i waste almost 1 hour a day on suctomer care. And what the permanent solution is "Problem with server side " . and then after half an hour it again stops for 18 hours. In 24 hours it works only for 2 hours. great service and great technical team. Hire some good people.
I ahve taken 12 mbps speed and i get 300 kbs. worst service

3 months of You Broadband in Chennai and this month has taken a turn for the worse.
7 downtimes in 15 days.It has been a disaster.
Wont recommend You Broadband atleast in Thiruvanmiyur area of Chennai.

i've been using Airtel for the past three months..not even a single failure/downtime..
good video streaming and download speed - 450kbps..i'm using 4mbps connection speed now..i went with 3 months plan wherein u'll have to pay 4500 and it comes with a free wifi modem..when i was happy with my connection I received a mail at the end of second month saying i'll have to pay 583 more as tax amount for the connection i have taken..which no one explained me prior to taking the connection..finally I ended up paying the additional tax amount
on comparing with YOU broadband..Airtel is far better in Thiruvanmiyur, Chennai

Finally ditched You Broadband after nearly 90% downtime in a month.
Easily has to be one of the worst broadband in chennai.
Dont recommend it to anyone